Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in Texas, United States. – Apply for Business Intelligence Engineer, SCOT-FO Amazon Jobs – Austin, TX. See the description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1821841
Job Title: Business Intelligence Engineer.
We (SCOT) are responsible for designing and planning the largest fulfillment network (Amazon) using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning techniques.
The team is composed of scientists, BIEs, Software Engineers, and Researchers who lead the industry in the development of innovative algorithms and strategies to maximize the long term effectiveness of Amazon’s Retail business.
We are focused on using cutting edge science to improve customer outcomes and transform our logistics business. We own scalable distributed systems in the cloud that use real time, large scale techniques to optimally choose from where to ship and how to consolidate multiple orders so that customers get their shipments on time or faster with the lowest possible costs.
As the Fulfillment Network Planning team, one of our core responsibilities is to leverage big data to identify key patterns of success and failure, identify the areas we need to focus on first, understand root cause(s) that triggered failure, and to build models that will help fix the most impactful problems. The amount of data, the variables that come into play, and diversity of customers and locations make this role very challenging and also fun. It’s great for those who love solving problems, especially when dealing with a lot of ambiguity and asking lots of smart questions that will lead to the discovery of universal concepts, and truly innovative ML solutions that continuously improve the customer delivery experience. Every member of the team needs to have innovative thinking, a burning desire to learn, and the skills and experience needed to build science and technology so advanced that it will appear to generate “magical outcomes”..
Job Responsibilities Include
· Defining, developing and maintaining critical business and operational reports reviewed on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
· Analysis of historical data to identify trends and support decision making, including written and verbal presentation of results and recommendations
· Collaborating with software development teams to implement analytics systems and data structures to support large-scale data analysis and delivery of machine learning and econometric models
· Mining and manipulating data from database tables, simulation results, and log files
· Identifying data needs and driving data quality improvement projects
· Understanding the broad range of Amazon’s data resources, which to use, how, and when
· Thought leadership on data mining and analysis
To help describe some of our challenges, we created a short video about Supply Chain Optimization at Amazon – http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
· BA/BS degree in computer science engineering, economics, statistics, mathematics, econometrics, or a similar quantitative field
· 5+ years work experience in data mining and analysis
· 5+ years work experience with SQL
· MS degree or higher in computer science engineering, statistics, mathematics, econometrics, or a similar quantitative field
· Proven analytical and quantitative skills
· SQL expert with prior success working with extremely large data sets
· Working familiarity with industry standard data analysis and presentation tools (e.g. Tableau, Quicksight, or similar tools)
· Prior experience in design and execution of analytics projects
· Demonstrated ability to directly partner with business owners to understand requirements
· Demonstrated ability to work with technical teams to deliver accurate and scalable reporting and analytics solutions
· Effective spoken and written communication to senior audiences, including strong data presentation and visualization skills
· Detail-oriented with an aptitude for solving unstructured problems
· Experience with web development/automation, scripting languages, and functional programming
· Proficiency in statistical software such as R, python, S-plus, SAS, STATA
· Experience applying machine learning, statistical modeling, or related analytic techniques
· Experience with Supply Chain and Operations.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Cloud Infrastructure Architect – Edge Specialist Amazon Jobs – New Jersey
- Sr. Compensation Consultant Amazon Jobs – Austin, TX
- Senior Manager, Content Acquisition – Prime Video Channels Amazon Jobs – Culver City, CA
- Software Engineer II – Premium Events Amazon Jobs – San Francisco, California
- Senior Design Technologist Amazon Jobs – San Francisco, California
- Safety Content Manager, Workplace Health and Safety Amazon Jobs – Nashville, TN
- Software Development Manager, AWS Developer Tools Amazon Jobs – New York Area, NY
- Marketing Manager, Fire TV Partner Products Amazon Jobs – New York Area, NY
- Manager, Solution Architect Amazon Jobs – Redmond, WA
- Embedded Software Dev Engineer, Project Kuiper Customer Terminal Software Amazon Jobs – Redmond, WA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.