Anne Arundel Medical Center
Weekend jobs in Maryland, USA – Apply for Care Management Assistant FT w/weekend requirement Job at Anne Arundel Medical Center – Annapolis, MD (On-site). See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Care Management Assistants are administrative professionals who provide direct support to ensure that patients move through the system and receive the treatment and services they require. They are responsible for interacting with Care Management staff, insurance agencies, and post-acute care providers/agencies/facilities to bring all aspects of a patient’s care together, including scheduling follow-up appointments, coordinating transportation, referral management, obtaining records, social work and Care management support, and other delegated duties.
Essential Job Duties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists in referral process by transmitting required patient documentation using web-based software system as requested by Care Manager or Social Worker, and verifies the facility received information. Informs Care Manager or Social Worker of authorizations and requests for additional information.
- Prepares, completes, and distributes facility transfer packets. Identifies missing documentation and initiates appropriate follow-up to obtain information.
- Arranges ambulance and wheelchair van transportation for patients to facilities or home as requested by Care Manager or Social Worker; notifies facility and unit staff of arrangements. Documents patient choice, ambulance and wheelchair van arrangements in electronic medical record.
- Facilitates effective exchange of information with post-acute facility liaisons, home care liaisons and DME suppliers. This includes notification of the Care Manager or Social Worker of any identified concern or delay in placement or post discharge supplies.
- Uses problem solving skills to avoid delays, ex. late transportation. Coordinates with the Care Manager, Social Worker or other personnel as needed.
- Deliver patient notification letters as needed—-Notice of Observation Status, MOON, Important Message from Medicare and others. Obtains the appropriate signature and uploads into the electronic record.
- Assists in obtaining authorizations for transition to the next level of care (i.e., home, acute/subacute rehab facility, transportation, DME, etc.).
- Provides clerical and support functions to the Care management staff members with the goal of promoting expeditious patient transfers and/or discharges.
- Establishes and promotes positive and collaborative working relationships with Care Managers (CM), Social Workers (SW), Utilization Review Nurses, and administrative staff to facilitate discharge planning.
- Assists in the administration of Care Management functions to include, but not limited to –organization of workflow, communications, links to community resources, and other duties to assist in the facilitation of discharges.
- Bachelor’s degree plus one year of related experience, or high school diploma or equivalent and three years related work experience.
- Experience in care coordination, Care management, disease management, hospital/acute care setting, or customer service preferred.
- Knowledge of State and Local regulations, community resources, discharge planning, insurance verification, financial counseling, and/or medical billing a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively, required.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Weekend Business Editor Jobs at The Washington Post – Washington, DC (On-site)
- Night and weekend sales associate apply now Jobs at buybuy BABY – Rockville, MD
- Weekend Security Officer Jobs at Allied Universal – Pontiac, MI
- Weekend Psychotherapist Jobs at Thriveworks – Harrisburg, PA
- Information Associate – St. Peter’s Hospital – PT Weekend Jobs at St. Peter’s Health Partners – Albany, NY
- RN Weekend Supervisor Jobs at SUMMIT LTC MANAGEMENT LLC – Dallas, TX
- Weekend Nurse LPN/RN – Full-Time -Jobs at Signature Healthcare – Memphis, TN
- Weekend Shift Lead Jobs at Grove Collaborative – St Peters, MO
- Material Handler I -Weekend / PM Jobs at Thermo Fisher Scientific – Millersburg, PA
- Production Associate – Line Worker – (Weekend Nights) Jobs at Saputo Inc. – Green Bay, WI
See More: 1,000+ Weekend Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit www.luminishealthcareers.org.