Cashier jobs in Idaho, USA – Apply for Cashier/Checker Jobs at WinCo Foods – Nampa, ID. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
At WinCo Foods we act like owners – because we are! We believe, as the Low Price Grocery Leader, that we make the lives of the communities where we operate better by giving them the best possible prices to feed their families and by focusing on the success, well-being and diversity of our employee owners.
Currently, WinCo is the third largest Employee-Owned company in the United States and is #59 on the Forbes.com list of largest privately owned companies. Did you know that WinCo has more than 500 millionaire employee-owners in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)? Once eligible, you can start your journey to ownership with an annual gift of stock equaling 20% of what you make each year. (ESOP available at most locations and subject to vesting, check the locations Summary Plan Description).
WinCo Foods offers the very best benefits in the industry, with low cost, high quality medical benefits with rates as low as $30 a month, enrollment in our ESOP after 6 months, career advancement opportunities, paid vacation and sick leave, competitive wages, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, discount program – and even voluntary benefits like Pet Insurance!
Consistently provides friendly, courteous customer service to internal and external customers by processing customer orders in an efficient, accurate, safe and courteous manner at a two aisle check stand, a multi station self-check-out lane, or customer service desk as assigned. Performs other related work.
Typical Duties And Responsibilities
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
- Maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with an emphasis on fast, friendly customer service.
- Operates check stand equipment such as a cash register, scanner and scale to process customer orders using two aisles to check customers.
- Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques.
- Processes monetary transactions (i.e., giving and receiving change, etc.) including cash, checks, gift certificates, travelers checks, food stamps, processing coupons, and refunds.
- Maintains knowledge of current product location, monitors UPC codes and ensures proper pricing.
- Maintains clean, neat and properly stocked check stand and ensures safe and secure work area.
- Stocks, prices and rotates merchandise.
- May be assigned to a multi station self-check-out lane as needed.
- May be assigned to the customer service counter as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Consistently provide friendly, courteous service to internal and external customers.
- Work varied shifts between 500 am and 100 am in a 24/7 operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
- Perform friendly, courteous, tactful relations with customers and co-workers with composure.
- Communicate (hearing and speech) to perform customer relation skills.
- Complete written forms.
- Conduct visual inspection, read information on merchandise, etc.
- Lift and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to 20 lbs. frequently and perform repetitious work accurately.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Operate check stand equipment such as cash registers, scanners, and scales.
- Stand for long periods of time, walk rapidly, bend, stoop, twist, and turn frequently for long periods of time.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Manual dexterity and good hand/eye coordination.
- Learn and memorize a considerable amount of information including PLU codes, location of products, check stand and keyboard procedures and company policies.
- Ensure accuracy in recording sales and handling monetary transactions with mental alertness and basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Climb and balance on ladders when stocking shelves.
- Use blades for box cutting.
- Work in a cooler and freezer.
- Use household cleaners to maintain work area (i.e., waxes, glass cleaner, etc.).
- Work in varying weather conditions for performance of outdoor duties.
- Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws).
Machines And Equipment Operated
- Fork lift, electric and manual pallet jacks, hand truck, garbage and card board compactor.
- Box knife
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel may vary.
As WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversity—from our variety of perspectives and wide range of experiences—is essential to our strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Cashier Team Member (Front End Service) – Full Time Jobs at Whole Foods Market – New York, NY
- Cashier (Part Time) Jobs at RITE AID – Newmarket, NH
- Cashier Jobs at Pilot Flying J – Monahans, TX
- Cashier Jobs at RITE AID – Grand Island, NY
- Cashier & Front End Services Jobs at Walmart – Plainview, TX
- Cashier (Part Time) Jobs at RITE AID – Northford, CT
- Cashier Jobs at RITE AID – Columbiana, OH
- Retail Cashier Jobs at Bed Bath & Beyond – Greater Orlando
- Cashier/Sales Associate ($500 SIGN ON BONUS) Jobs at GPM Investments, LLC – Island, KY
- Cashier/Checker Jobs at WinCo Foods – Gresham, OR
See More: 1,000+ Cashier Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit careers-winco.icims.com.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.