Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in California, United States. – Apply for Character Artist – New World Amazon Jobs – Irvine, CA. See the description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1757201
Job Title: Character Artist – New World.
Amazon Games is looking for a 3D Character Artist to join our New World team in Sunny Irvine, CA. In New World, players will fight for survival as they explore and conquer the mysterious island of Aeternum.
In this role you will work closely with the character team and concept team to execute high quality assets, by adhering to the high visual standards and vision set by the Art Director and Art Lead for both character design and organic modeling. You will have strong knowledge of all aspects of character creation, and be a hardworking self-motivated team player that brings future heroes to life. You will be proficient in character creation and character systems for AAA third person action games. You should have a solid sense of vision and passion to create high quality assets that delight our customers.
If the opportunity to help create Amazon’s next big hit is the challenge you have been looking for, we want to hear from you!
What you will do: – Work closely with the Art Director and Associate Art Director to execute the artistic vision of the game
· Must have deep understanding of the development of the character visual style / pipeline for outfit, weapon, and creature to deliver cutting edge assets
· Contribute the development of the character visual style/pipeline for outfits, weapons, and creatures to deliver cutting-edge assets
· Able to follow direction and react to critiques in a timely manner
· Collaborate with the concept, character, animation and tech art teams.
· Contribute to the references, concepts, and art direction, while also having the initiative to take the work further
· Work closely with the team and external partners to ensure that quality is consistent and cohesive
· Increase the team’s skills through mentorship and artistic techniques
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
· Shipped 1+ PC/Console title as a Character Artist
· 2+ years of experience in AAA game development (PC and/or console)
· 5+ years of experience in game development or equivalent work e.g. live product development
· Online Portfolio demonstrating character art skills
· Passion for making and playing games!
· You have proficient knowledge of Unreal Engine, Maya / Modo / MudBox / ZBrush, Marvelous Designer, Substance Painter or equivalent package.
· Solid knowledge of next generation asset creation pipelines, tools, software.
· Strong grasp of form, shape, structure, and silhouette as they relate to modeling and gameplay.
· Thorough understanding of anatomy and how characters move when rigged.
· Solid knowledge of working with PBR shaders, normal/spec/diffuse maps to get the best look within game engine technical limits/constraints.
· Great eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps.
· Ability to learn new tools and techniques.
· Able to accurately estimate the time to complete tasks.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Game UI Engineer Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Sr. Optical Communications Engineer, OISL Amazon Jobs – Redmond, WA
- Senior Game Engineer Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Gameplay Engineer Amazon Jobs – Irvine, CA
- Data Engineer I, Data and Analytics Tech Applications Amazon Jobs – Austin, TX
- Amazon Fresh Store Associate- Cerritos, CA (Flex-Time) Amazon Jobs – Cerritos, CA
- Software Development Engineer – Amazon Timestream Amazon Jobs – Palo Alto, California
- Software Development Engineer – Global Transportation Tech Services Amazon Jobs – Bellevue, Washington
- Mixed Methods Scientist, Organizational Research & Measurement Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Amazon Fresh Store Associate – Ladera Heights (Flex-Time Only) Amazon Jobs – Los Angeles, CA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.