Chemical Engineering jobs in Texas, USA – Apply for Chemical Process Engineer Jobs at Ashland – Texas City, TX. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
ISP Technologies Inc.
Chemical Process Engineer
Are you the kind of person that is always thinking, sketching, seeking, and adjusting? Who needs to understand how things work and then figure out how they can work better? Are you a passionate, tenacious, solver who loves to work with others who share your drive? Are you positive, constructive, and ingenious?
Are you always solving?
Then we’d like to meet you and bet you’d like to meet us.
Ashland has an exciting opportunity for a Chemical Process Engineer to join our Ashland LLC ( ISP Technologies) business at our Texas City, Texas manufacturing plant. This is a very visible, significant role within the Company and the Operations function. This position will report to Manager, Batch Operations.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Works with Operations Managers and other Process Engineering department staff to establish annual departmental goals and objectives for site’s batch production areas.
- Reviews daily operation of production areas then performs process troubleshooting to maintain capacity operation as required.
- Identifies and implements projects for cost savings and long-term resolution of operational problems. Serves as Area Representative on projects.
- Performs process optimization to maximize quality and minimize operating costs.
- Performs day-to-day yield improvement and process performance monitoring to assure maximum production output.
- Works with company resources to implement and commercialize new products.
- Works within capital and fixed budget guidelines on all projects and utilizes cost control measures where necessary.
- Works with Process Operators, Engineers, Supervisors, and other site personnel to develop, implement and improve process control systems within the plant.
- Coordinates and/or participates on quality and process improvement teams and serves as Area Representative for projects/tests to be done in process areas.
- Utilizes statistical methods for process optimization to maintain and improve quality, yields, and to detect problems that may result in reduced rates and product quality non-compliance.
- Participates in other Safety and Environmental initiatives that will contribute to compliance of State/Federal regulations and improve existing Company programs.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience as Co-op/intern in chemical plant, manufacturing facility.
- Well versed in plant process engineering, troubleshooting and problem-solving techniques, engineering standards, Process Safety Management (PSM), Management of Change, capital budgeting process and project cost control.
- Able to interface with all employees involved in process engineering work, including Process Operators, Manufacturing Engineers, Production Manager, Maintenance and members of Site Leadership Team or Corporate management, as required.
- Be able to respond appropriately during site emergencies as directed by Site Emergency Manager.
- Capable of evacuating manufacturing process areas in a timely manner in an emergency.
- Able to wear and properly utilize appropriate personal protective equipment if required to work or visit within the manufacturing process area. May include hard hat, safety glasses, respirators, ear plugs, steel-toed shoes, or other equipment as required by work performed and location where work is performed.
- Able to perform physical activities which may include walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting 25 lbs., or reaching depending on work activity required. Work is performed in an office/plant environment with frequent trips to the operating areas to formulate plans, inspect equipment or processes and collect data.
- Travel within Texas or around the United States for required training to perform job properly.
- A valid driver’s license to operate plant vehicle if need arise.
Must be authorized to work in the US.
In more than 100 countries, the people of Ashland LLC. (NYSE: ASH) provide the specialty chemicals, technologies and insights to help customers create new and improved products for today and sustainable solutions for tomorrow. Our chemistry is at work every day in a wide variety of markets and applications, including architectural coatings, automotive, construction, energy, personal care and pharmaceutical. Visit www.ashland.com to see the innovations we offer.
At Ashland our vision is to be a leading, global specialty chemicals company whose inspired and engaged employees add value to all we touch. In fact our people, employees, customers and vendors define who we are. They are the driving force behind everything we do.
Not only do we value our customers but we value our employees, and we work to offer them a dynamic and challenging environment. We hold ourselves to high standards at Ashland, and we value integrity and honesty.
Ashland has a history of attracting the best people and keeping them. The reasons are simple: industry competitive salary and benefits, pay-for-performance incentive plans and a diverse work environment where employees feel challenged and valued. People come to Ashland and stay. As a growing Fortune 500 specialty chemicals company, we offer opportunities for development and advancement throughout our global organization. Our values define who we are and what we care about as a company. If you are looking for a relationship with a company instead of simply a job, this may be a great fit.
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. NOTE: We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have a signed recruiting agreement in place to fill a specific position.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Network Engineer Jobs at Apptad Inc – Tallahassee, FL
- Senior Network Engineer Jobs at Super Systems Inc (SSI) – Virginia Beach, VA
- Network Engineer I Jobs at intiGrow Staffing – Omaha, NE
- Network Engineer Jobs at HeartFlow, Inc – Redwood City, CA
- Sr. Network Engineer Jobs at Jobot – Salina, KS
- Senior Network Engineer Jobs at Kaman Distribution – Bloomfield, CT
- Network Development Engineer II Jobs at Amazon Web Services (AWS) – Seattle, WA
- Sr Network Engineer Jobs at The AES Corporation – Salt Lake City, UT
- Network Engineer Jobs at Ace Info Solutions LLC – College Park, MD
- Senior Network Engineer Jobs at Insight Global – Dallas, TX
See More: 1,000+ Chemical Engineering Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit ashland.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.