United States Postal Service
External Publication for Job Posting 10992329
If this job requires qualification on an examination, the number of applicants who will be invited to take or retake the
examination may be limited.
Michigan 1 District
Job Posting Period
07/20/2022 – 07/24/2022
This job has an exam requirement. Currently, applicants for this posting who do not yet have an exam score are being
invited to take the exam. Examining will continue until capacity has been reached.
CITY CARRIER ASSISTANT 1
413 E MAUMEE ST
ADRIAN, MI 49221
CONTACT INFORMATION: Detroit Local Services | [email protected] | (313) 226-8389
Title: CITY CARRIER ASSISTANT (CCA)
FLSA Designation: Non-Exempt
Occupation Code: 2310-0045
Non-Scheduled Days: VARIES
CCAs may be required to work any day of the week, including weekends and holidays as scheduled.
CCAs hold temporary appointments for periods not-to-exceed 360 days. Subsequent appointments after a 5 day break in
service may be offered but are not guaranteed and should not be expected because the use of CCAs is discretionary and
subject to business needs.
DRIVING REQUIRED: Applicants must have a valid state driver’s license, a safe driving record, and at least two years of
unsupervised experience driving passenger cars or larger. The driving must have taken place in the U.S. or its possessions
or territories or in U.S. military installations worldwide.
Non-career 360-day term with possibility of reappointment. May lead to career position. Benefits include paid leave at the rate
of 1 hr for every 20 hrs in pay status, holiday pay for 6 holidays, and pay raises per NALC National Agreement. Immediately
eligible for USPSHB Plan with a $125 Postal premium contribution towards Self Only. Employer contribution towards greater
than Self Only is 65% (75% for subsequent appointments). Upon reappointment to a second 360-day term after a 5-day
break in service eligible for: health insurance under FEHB; dental and vision insurance through FEDVIP; flexible spending
accounts through FSAFEDS and long-term care insurance through FLTCIP. Wounded Warrior leave available if eligibility
criteria are met. Effective Plan Year 2022, the Postal Service will make a bi-weekly contribution equal to 75% of the total
premium for any CCA employee who wishes to participate in the USPS Plan for self, self plus one, or family coverage,
regardless of year of employment.
SALARY RANGE: $18.92 per hour paid bi-weekly
FINANCE NUMBER: 250030
All U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent resident aliens, citizens of American Samoa or other territory owing permanent allegiance
to the United States. Applicants entitled to veterans’ preference and/or covered by the Veterans Employment Opportunity
Act may apply for any posted position. Applicants must apply online at www.usps.com/careers to be considered for this
employment opportunity. You must have a valid email address to apply as communication regarding employment
opportunities, examinations (when applicable), and background checks will be sent by email. Please add the following email
domain addresses to your contact list to allow all correspondence to be received – @usps.gov; @jobtryout.net;
@psionline.com; @geninfo.com; @uspis.gov. EXAM: If an exam is required and you are invited to take the test, instructions
regarding the exam process will be sent to you via email. Please ensure you can receive email messages from our test
vendor and follow instructions carefully so you can be considered for this employment opportunity. SCREENINGS: You may
receive multiple requests for background checks in regards to this employment opportunity. Respond to all requests quickly
as we anticipate filling our vacancies quickly and nonresponses may result in disqualification for this opportunity.
The Inspection Service criminal background check is conducted using United States information resources only (e.g., FBI
fingerprint check, state and county checks). A criminal background check involves a 5-year inquiry for any location where
the individual has resided, worked or gone to school within the United States or its territories. As a result of this limitation,
the criminal background checks of individuals who have not resided in the United States or its territories for the preceding
5-years may not be considered complete. The Inspection Service may be able to process inquiries for U.S. Citizens only,
but only if their time spent out of the country was spent as: a trailing spouse or dependent of someone working for the U.S.
government (military or civilian), a missionary, a student attending school in a foreign country, a Peace Corps participant, or
as an employee of a U.S.-based employer/company. If the Inspection Service is unable to perform a complete background
check because of residency outside the United States, such individuals will be ineligible for Postal employment.
Delivers and collects mail on foot or by vehicle under varying road and weather conditions in a prescribed area; maintains
professional and effective public relations with customers and others, requiring a general familiarity with postal laws,
regulations, products and procedures commonly used, and geography of the area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Routes or cases all classes of mail in sequence of delivery along an established route. Rearranges and relabels cases
2. Withdraws mail from the distribution case and prepares it in sequence for efficient delivery independently or by another
carrier along an established route. Prepares and separates all classes of mail to be carried by truck to relay boxes along
route for subsequent delivery.
3. Handles undeliverable mail in accordance with established procedures.
4. Delivers mail along a prescribed route, on foot or by vehicle, on a regular schedule, picking up additional mail from relay
boxes as needed. Collects mail from street letter boxes and accepts letters from mailing from customers; on certain routes
may deliver mail that consists exclusively of parcel post, or the collection of mail.
5. Uses portable electronic scanner as instructed.
6. Delivers and collects charges on customs, postage-due, and C.O.D. mail matter. Delivers and obtains receipts for registered and certain insured mail. Signs for such matter, except insured mail, at the post office before beginning route and
accounts for it upon return by payments of the amounts collected and delivery of of receipts taken.
7. Deposits in the post office mail collected on the route upon returning from the route.
8. Checks, and corrects if necessary, mailing cards from advertisers bearing names and addresses of customers or former
customers on the route.
9. Furnishes customers with postal information and provides change of address cards and other postal forms as needed.
10. Reports to supervisor all unusual incidents or conditions relating to mail delivery, including condition of street letter boxes
and centralized delivery equipment.
11. Becomes proficient, when assigned to a route, in the casing of mail on other routes as assigned.
12. Works professionally with other employees in the office.
13. May as a CCA, perform clerical duties and be required to pass examinations on scheme of city primary distribution.
14. In addition, may perform any of the following duties: check hotels and other establishments to ensure that mail for
residents undeliverable as addressed is not improperly held; deliver stamps or other paper supplies to contract or classified
stations and other designated delivery points; serves at carriers’ delivery window; receive and register where practical, all
letters and packages of first-class matter properly offered for registration; case mail and make deliveries on other routes as
Supervisor, Customer Services, or other designated supervisor.
The United States Postal Service has the following excellent and challenging employment opportunity for highly motivated
and innovative individuals. Successful candidates must demonstrate through a combination of education, training, and
experience the following requirements:
Applicants must successfully complete the Virtual Entry Assessment – MC (474).
Applicants must be physically able to efficiently perform the duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
CCA duties require arduous exertion involving prolonged standing, walking, bending and reaching, and may involve handling
heavy containers of mail weighing up to the allowable maximum mailing weight.
CCAs must work their assigned tour and days of work. CCAs must follow Postal Service policies and procedures for
personal conduct at work, including adhering to rules and regulations.
CCAs are required to provide service to the public. They must maintain a neat and professional appearance and demeanor
in such interactions, including wearing an approved uniform.
Applicants must have a valid state driver’s license, and demonstrate and maintain a safe driving record.
Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service’s requirement
to be drug free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m., Central Time, of the posting’s closing date. Applicants claiming veterans’
preference must attach a copy of member copy 4 (only) of Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form
214) or other proof of eligibility if claiming 10-point veterans’ preference. The United States Postal Service (USPS) is an
equal opportunity employer. The USPS provides reasonable accommodation for any part of the application, interview, and/or
selection process, please make your request to the examiner, selecting official or local manager of Human Resources. This
request can also be made by someone on your behalf. Explain the nature of your limitations and the accommodation
needed. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
SPECIAL NOTE: Current career Postal Service employees are ineligible to apply to this posting.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- CITY CARRIER ASSISTANT Jobs at FedEx Ground – JACKSON, OH
- RURAL CARR ASSOC/SRV REG RTE Jobs at FedEx Ground – MAIZE, KS
- RURAL CARR ASSOC/SRV REG RTE Jobs at FedEx Ground – BURLINGTON, KS
- PSE SALES & SVCS/DISTRIBUTION ASSOCIATE Jobs at FedEx Ground – PINE HALL, NC
- PSE SALES & SVCS/DISTRIBUTION ASSOCIATE Jobs at FedEx Ground – WAYNE, IL
- RURAL CARR ASSOC/SRV REG RTE Jobs at FedEx Ground – HOWARD LAKE, MN
- CITY CARRIER ASSISTANT Jobs at FedEx Ground – MALDEN, MO
- RURAL CARR ASSOC/SRV REG RTE Jobs at FedEx Ground – IMLAY CITY, MI
- CITY CARRIER ASSISTANT Jobs at FedEx Ground – CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO
- ASSISTANT RURAL CARRIER (ARC) Jobs at FedEx Ground – LAKEVILLE, MN
See More: 1,000+ USPS Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit wp1-ext.usps.gov.