United States Postal Service
USPS jobs in Wisconsin, USA – Apply for CITY CARRIER ASSISTANT Jobs at United States Postal Service – SHEBOYGAN WI. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
United States Postal Service
External Publication for Job Posting 10796967
If this job requires qualification on an examination, the number of applicants who will be invited to take or retake the
examination may be limited.
Job Posting Period
01/21/2022 – 01/25/2022
This job has an exam requirement. Currently, applicants for this posting who do not yet have an exam score are being
invited to take the exam. Examining will continue until capacity has been reached.
CITY CARRIER ASSISTANT 1
522 N 9TH ST
SHEBOYGAN, WI 53081
CONTACT INFORMATION: Patrick Pinkos | [email protected] | (920) 458-2294 | POSTMASTER
Title: CITY CARRIER ASSISTANT (CCA)
FLSA Designation: Non-Exempt
Occupation Code: 2310-0045
Non-Scheduled Days: VARIES
CCAs may be required to work any day of the week, including weekends and holidays as scheduled.
CCAs hold temporary appointments for periods not-to-exceed 360 days. Subsequent appointments after a 5 day break in
service may be offered but are not guaranteed and should not be expected because the use of CCAs is discretionary and
subject to business needs.
DRIVING REQUIRED: Applicants must have a valid state driver’s license, a safe driving record, and at least two years of
unsupervised experience driving passenger cars or larger. The driving must have taken place in the U.S. or its possessions
or territories or in U.S. military installations worldwide.
Non-career 360-day term with possibility of reappointment. May lead to career position. Benefits include paid leave at the rate
of 1 hr for every 20 hrs in pay status, holiday pay for 6 holidays, and pay raises per NALC National Agreement. Immediately
eligible for USPSHB Plan with a $125 Postal premium contribution towards Self Only. Employer contribution towards greater
than Self Only is 65% (75% for subsequent appointments). Upon reappointment to a second 360-day term after a 5-day
break in service eligible for: health insurance under FEHB; dental and vision insurance through FEDVIP; flexible spending accounts through FSAFEDS and long-term care insurance through FLTCIP. Wounded Warrior leave available if eligibility
criteria are met.
SALARY RANGE: $18.92 per hour paid bi-weekly
FINANCE NUMBER: 567510
Persons Eligible to Apply
All U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent resident aliens, citizens of American Samoa or other territory owing permanent allegiance
to the United States. Applicants entitled to veterans’ preference and/or covered by the Veterans Employment Opportunity
Act may apply for any posted position. Applicants must apply online at www.usps.com/careers to be considered for this
employment opportunity. You must have a valid email address to apply as communication regarding employment
opportunities, examinations (when applicable), and background checks will be sent by email. Please add the following email
domain addresses to your contact list to allow all correspondence to be received – @usps.gov; @jobtryout.net;
@psionline.com; @geninfo.com; @uspis.gov. EXAM: If an exam is required and you are invited to take the test, instructions
regarding the exam process will be sent to you via email. Please ensure you can receive email messages from our test
vendor and follow instructions carefully so you can be considered for this employment opportunity. SCREENINGS: You may
receive multiple requests for background checks in regards to this employment opportunity. Respond to all requests quickly
as we anticipate filling our vacancies quickly and nonresponses may result in disqualification for this opportunity.
The Inspection Service criminal background check is conducted using United States information resources only (e.g., FBI
fingerprint check, state and county checks). A criminal background check involves a 5-year inquiry for any location where
the individual has resided, worked or gone to school within the United States or its territories. As a result of this limitation,
the criminal background checks of individuals who have not resided in the United States or its territories for the preceding
5-years may not be considered complete. The Inspection Service may be able to process inquiries for U.S. Citizens only,
but only if their time spent out of the country was spent as: a trailing spouse or dependent of someone working for the U.S.
government (military or civilian), a missionary, a student attending school in a foreign country, a Peace Corps participant, or
as an employee of a U.S.-based employer/company. If the Inspection Service is unable to perform a complete background
check because of residency outside the United States, such individuals will be ineligible for Postal employment.
Delivers and collects mail on foot or by vehicle under varying road and weather conditions in a prescribed area; maintains
professional and effective public relations with customers and others, requiring a general familiarity with postal laws,
regulations, products and procedures commonly used, and geography of the area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Routes or cases all classes of mail in sequence of delivery along an established route. Rearranges and relabels cases
2. Withdraws mail from the distribution case and prepares it in sequence for efficient delivery independently or by another
carrier along an established route. Prepares and separates all classes of mail to be carried by truck to relay boxes along
route for subsequent delivery.
3. Handles undeliverable mail in accordance with established procedures.
4. Delivers mail along a prescribed route, on foot or by vehicle, on a regular schedule, picking up additional mail from relay
boxes as needed. Collects mail from street letter boxes and accepts letters from mailing from customers; on certain routes
may deliver mail that consists exclusively of parcel post, or the collection of mail.
5. Uses portable electronic scanner as instructed.
6. Delivers and collects charges on customs, postage-due, and C.O.D. mail matter. Delivers and obtains receipts for
registered and certain insured mail. Signs for such matter, except insured mail, at the post office before beginning route and
accounts for it upon return by payments of the amounts collected and delivery of of receipts taken.
- RURAL CARR ASSOC/SRV REG RTE Jobs at United States Postal Service – CORNELL WI
- CITY CARRIER ASSISTANT Jobs at United States Postal Service – MANALAPAN NJ
- ASSISTANT RURAL CARRIER (ARC) Jobs at United States Postal Service – LITTLETON CO
- TestDoc (TestDoc) Jobs at Administrative Conference of the United States – Baldwin County, Alabama
- Aging Services Program Specialist Jobs at Department of Health And Human Services – Washington, District of Columbia
- Acquisition Manager Jobs at Department of Health And Human Services – Washington, District of Columbia
- Supervisory Grants Management Specialist Jobs at Department of Health And Human Services – United States
- Financial Management Analyst Jobs at Department of Health And Human Services – Washington, District of Columbia
- Child and Youth Program Assistant CY-01/02 Jobs at Army Installation Management Command – Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
- Aircraft Pilot Jobs at U.S. Army Test and Evaluation Command – Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
See More: 1,000+ USPS Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit wp1-ext.usps.gov.