Amazon Data Services, Inc.
Amazon jobs in Ohio, United States – Apply for Cleared Engineering Operations Technician Amazon Jobs – Dublin, OH. See the job description, requirements, and link to apply.
Job ID: 2381176
Job Title: Cleared Engineering Operations Technician.
Data Center Engineering Operations Technicians (EOT) are Amazon Data Center’s front line responders for hands-on electrical and mechanical equipment troubleshooting and operation. This equipment includes, but is not limited to, stand-by diesel generators, electrical switchboards/switchgear, circuit breakers, UPSs, PDUs, AHUs, pumps, motors, VFDs, and building automation systems. They provide 24/7 shift coverage which could include 12 hour shifts, rotating shifts, 3, 4, or 5 day work weeks.
Perform the following tasks, with or without reasonable accommodation:
· Walk job sites in uneven terrain
· Work in extreme climates
· Work at heights and from ladders
· Regularly lift and/or move up to 49 pounds; and participate in group lifts for 50 pounds or more
· Bend or twist the body into unusual positions while working
· Push or pull heavy objects into position
· Work in noisy environments
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and work in cramped and/or elevated locations with or without reasonable accommodation
Ability to work non-standard hours including nights and weekends.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active Top Secret security clearance. Upon application you will be asked qualifying questions that will be used only in relation to the US Government Security Clearance required for this role.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Key job responsibilities
· Operate and maintain mechanical and electrical, mechanical, emergency generator, and fire/life safety equipment within the data center
· Troubleshoot of facility and rack-level events within internal SLAs
· Perform limited maintenance tasks to including filter changes, HVAC PMs, rack power installs, rack PDU, and rack ATS replacements
· Provide support to Data Center Operations technicians
· Perform root cause analysis of equipment failures
· Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to while performing work
· Work a 12 hour shift (rotating 3 and 4 day work weeks days or nights)
· Take daily operational readings of all mechanical and electrical equipment through routine rounds/log taking (temperatures, voltages, currents, etc.)
· Utilize internal CMMS to manage building workflows and spare part inventory
· Supervise contractors who perform servicing or preventive maintenance
· Respond to off hour emergency calls per on call rotation for any one of the region’s sites
· Fully comply with all physical security procedures and policies
· Drive innovation while reducing operational costs in the facilities
· Manipulate small wires and objects
A day in the life
After an initial training period, you will support data center infrastructure operations on a shift schedule supporting our 24/7 staffing model. You will get information from your peer technicians who are ending shift, review the maintenance schedule for any tasks due that day, and then perform routine physical checks of our critical systems. After these rounds are complete, you and your shift partner will perform preventative maintenance, troubleshoot technical issues, take repair actions, and perform facility maintenance. You will also author technical procedures, work orders, and work on advanced qualifications and projects as your career progresses at AWS!
About the team
The cleared LCK DCEO team provides operations and maintenance of critical AWS data center facility infrastructure for our customers in the Intelligence Community.
- 3+ years of maintenance experience on mechanical or electrical equipment
- Current, active US Government Security Clearance at the Top Secret level
- Associate’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline
- Data Center Operations Experience or experience operating electrical or mechanical systems in a mission critical environment (i.e. military, telecom, etc.)
- Fundamental knowledge of network design and layout as well as low voltage (copper/ fiber) cabling
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (excel, word) and web-based operational tools
- Experience with building management systems (BMS and EPMS control systems) and data collection/trending
- Solid leadership and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to be self-sufficient and complete tasks with little direction
- Ability to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Operating engineering license(s) such as DC II, DC III, or equivalent
- Electrical or mechanical Journeyman License
- CFC license (Universal or minimum Type II)
- NFPA 70E Cert
Related Military Ratings/MOSs
- Navy: AD, AE, AT, CE, CM, EM, EMN, ET, ETN, FC, FT, MM, MMN, EN, STG, STS, UT
- Army:15D, 15F, 15X, 15Y, 21P, 21Q, 21R, 31L, 35N, 52C, 52D, 52F
- Marines:612, 613, 1141, 1142, 1161, 6073, 6322, 6323, 6324, 6326, 6332, 6333, 6336, 6337
- Air Force: 3E531, 3E631, 3E032, 3E131, 3E331, 3E431, 2M033, 3D136, 3D137, 3E031
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud
platform. We pioneered cloud computing and never stopped innovating — that’s why customers
from the most successful startups to Global 500 companies trust our robust suite of products and
services to power their businesses.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, it’s in our nature to learn and be curious. Our employee-led affinity groups
foster a culture of inclusion that empower us to be proud of our differences. Ongoing
events and learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity
(CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences, inspire us to never stop
celebrating our uniqueness.
This team supports 24/7 systems in a classified environment, and periodic on-call duties
with ability to drive into workplace for critical events/needs will be required.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We have a career path for you no matter what stage you’re in when you start here. As we
strive to become Earth’s Best Employer, we know we must continuously raise our
performance bar. That’s why you’ll find endless knowledge-sharing, mentorship and
other career-advancing resources here to help you develop into a better-rounded
- Financial System Engineer, TM1, AWS Fintech Finance Automation- Engineering org Amazon Jobs – Jersey City, CA
- NTE Edge Security Manager, Non-Traditional Environment Security Amazon Jobs – Miami, FL
- Category Manager, Equipment, Global Procurement Operations (GPO) Amazon Jobs – Bellevue, WA
- Software Development Engineer, Sponsored Products Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- Validation Engineer, bilic Team Amazon Jobs – Austin, TX
- Staff Pharmacist, Amazon Pharmacy Amazon Jobs – Kent, WA
- EHS Specialist Amazon Jobs – South Windsor, CT
- Area Manager II Amazon Jobs – St Peters, MO
- EHS Specialist Amazon Jobs – Fresno, TX
- Applied Scientist II, Amazon Search Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.