LVN jobs in California, USA – Apply for Clinical Research Nurse (LVN) Jobs at Altasciences – Cypress, CA (On-site) . See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
At Altasciences we all move in unison to assist and work in the discovery, development, and manufacturing of new drug therapies to get them faster to people who need them. No matter your role, we all play an important part and you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. By living our values of Employee Development, Customer Focus, Quality and Excellence, Respect and Integrity, we look to foster a passionate and collaborative work environment and we are looking for talented and enthusiastic people, like you, to join our growing team! Whether you’re a recent college graduate or seeking your next career opportunity, it’s time to discover your future at Altasciences. We are better together and together We Are Altasciences.The Clinical Safety Technician (Research Nurse, LVN) will assist in overseeing the safety of clinical trial participants during study conduct and the maintenance of safety equipment.
The Clinical Safety Technician will execute tasks performed in compliance with study protocol, Good Clinical Practices (GCP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)s.
Please Note: This is a part time/variable hour role. Therefore, health benefits arenot offered. There is the potential to become a full time, regular employee as the opportunity and/or need arises.
- Act as a mentor to Clinical Operations team members.
- Ensure the confidentiality of clinical trial participants and sponsors is respected.
- Continuously assess safety improvement opportunities and communicate to departmental management.
- Perform clinical trial activities including but not limited to safety assessments, Investigational Product (IP) administration and blood collection.
- Monitor, document and/or follow-up on participant adverse events.
- Maintain and advocate a high level of customer service, quality and safety within the department.
- May train employees on clinical trial activities associated to their jobs needs.
- Proactively communicate issues and/or problem resolutions to departmental supervisors and managers.
- Other tasks as assigned by management
- Degree from accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse, EMT or equivalent program required. Related work experience preferred
- Current BLS certification – required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), safety rules, study-related forms and documents.
- Ability to effectively communicate with volunteers, employees, supervisors, and other on study-related matters in English is necessary
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Understand the needs of the internal or external customer and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions
- Study-related training prior to performing study-related procedures
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
The description of the physical demands and the work environment characteristics here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform and those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While Performing The Duties Of This Job
- Ability to talk and hear.
- Required to sit 50% of the workday.
- Frequently required to stand, walk.
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Minimal lifting is required, 10 pounds, with assistance and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus when viewing a computer monitor.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
Altasciences is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other protected grounds under applicable legislation. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process are available upon request. Join us at Altasciences!