Providence Health & Services
Medical Billing and Coding jobs in Washington State, USA – Apply for Coding Specialist – Psych Residency *$1,000 Sign-On Bonus* Jobs at Providence Health & Services – Spokane, WA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Providence is calling a Coding Specialist (Psych Residency, Day Shift, Full Time) to Physician Management Group in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Offering $1,000 sign on bonus to any new, external candidate hired into this position.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
In This Position You Will
- Coordinate changes in insurance regulations and assist with regular in-services to providers, clinical staff and business office.
- Investigate codes for insurance companies and provide them with the information necessary to determine more appropriate reimbursement levels.
- Proactively inform clinic leadership of all operational issues as they arise.
- Meet periodically with provider specialty groups to discuss any changes in coding or reimbursement, and provide ongoing education related to HCPC, CPT and ICD-10 coding.
- Provide random chart audits for PMG provider education to ensure coding accuracy.
- Act as a coding liaison for Revenue Integrity, providers, division directors, clinic managers, clinical staff and the billing office regarding coding questions and concerns.
- Abstract pertinent information from patient records. Assign the International Classification of Diseases, Clinical Modification (ICD-10), and Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) or Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) codes.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC credential) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or holds at least one of the following coding credentials from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) and/or American Health and Information Management Association (AHIMA):
- Registered Health Information Management Administrator (RHIA)
- Registered Health Information Management Technician (RHIT)
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
- Certified Coding Associate (CCA)
- Certified Coding Specialist – Physician Based (CCS-P)
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- 1 year minimum experience in medical insurance reimbursement, medical billing and coding related to charge review and work RVU’s.
Preferred Qualifications For This Position Include
- Associate’s degree
About The Clinic You Will Serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve eastern Washington in clinic locations. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Coding
Req ID: 308107
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Medical Billing Specialist Jobs at Tenet Healthcare – Birmingham, AL
- Medical Billing Specialist Jobs at XRHealth – Brookline, MA
- Medical Coding Policy Specialist Jobs at Gainwell Technologies – Madison, WI
- HCC Coder – Medical Records Coding (Remote Temporary) Jobs at Apixio – United States Remote
- Medical Coding Specialist (OnSite or Remote) Jobs at Celerion – Lincoln, NE
- Medical Coding Specialist Jobs at Landmark Health – Columbus, OH
- Trainer – Medical Coding Jobs at Caris Life Sciences – Phoenix, AZ
- Senior Analyst – Medical Coding Jobs at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan – Detroit, MI
- EMT I – URGENT CARE Jobs at Presbyterian Healthcare Services – Rio Rancho, NM
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Jobs at Santa Fe Recovery Center – Gallup, NM
See More: 1,000+ Medical Billing and Coding Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit providence.taleo.net.