Construction jobs in Texas, USA – Apply for Construction & Maintenance Technician IV Job at CenterPoint Energy – Marshall, TX. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Diversity and Inclusion
CenterPoint Energy is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where business results are achieved through the skills, abilities and talents of our diverse workforce.
At CenterPoint Energy, individuals are respected for their contributions toward our company objectives. We strive for an inclusive work environment across all levels that is reflective of the available workforce in the communities we serve.
Learn more in the “About Us” section of our careers website.
As the Construction & Maintenance IV, you will Plans, directs, schedules, performs, and checks all work in connection with construction and maintenance of gas distribution system. Performs company field operations including manual labor and other duties necessary to accomplish the installation, repair, construction and maintenance of natural gas distribution systems. Plans, directs, schedules, performs, and checks all work in connection with construction and maintenance of gas distribution system. Performs company field operations including manual labor and other duties necessary to accomplish the installation, repair, construction and maintenance of natural gas distribution systems.
Specifically, You’ll Have The Opportunity To
- Leads and directs all gas distribution work for a construction crew.
- Installs, repairs or replaces steel and plastic pipe.
- Ensures that each crew member knows safety polices and practices, monitors for compliance, coaches in the field.
- Ensures gas lines and other utility lines are located prior to excavation.
- Ensures plastic and steel welding performed by crew members meets standards.
- Transports required equipment, tools, and supplies to work site.
- Provides First Responder assistance in emergency situations.
- Completes paperwork as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires a high school diploma or the equivalent
- Requires a minimum of five (5) years experience in construction, installation and/or maintenance systems (to include one of the following: natural gas distribution; piping systems; water, sewer, or electric utility; state/city/county/parish and the oil industry).
- Must include one (1) year of experience welding steel pipe.
- Must obtain Class A CDL within 90 days of employment
- Must pass company welding certification within 90 days of employment.
Preferred Experience, Education And Skills
- Two (2) years experience in natural gas distribution preferred.
- Able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a minimal amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Able to use a variety of hand tools and power tools including picks, shovels, sharp-shooters, pipe wrenches, pipe cutters, bolt cutters, pavement saws, jack hammers, air guns, etc.
- Able to operate a motor vehicle and heavy equipment and the ability to enter and exit vehicle unassisted.
- Able to operate a personal computer, either desktop or laptop.
- Able to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch for extended periods of time.
- Able to exert routine physical effort on a daily basis.
- Able to work on a daily basis in all types of weather conditions.
- Able to work regular hours, with occasional overtime.
- Able to handle emergency situations, including possible exposure to gaseous atmospheres on occasion.
- Able to work rotating shifts, if required.
- Able to respond to emergency calls and/or call-outs and occasionally return to work while off duty.
- Able to certify and don personal protective equipment, such as respirator, safety glasses, hardhat, gloves, protective footwear and earplugs on a daily basis.
- Able to be included in random drug screen pool required for DOT drivers and DOT safety sensitive positions.
- May be required to remain in the service area during emergency events and assume responsibilities assigned by the company to aide in restoration efforts
Job Location: Marshall, TX
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Construction Manager – Production Homes Job at Optello – Detroit, MI
- Commercial construction superintendent Job at CyberCoders – Atlanta, GA
- Customer Service – Donor Support Technician Job at CSL Plasma – Lansing, MI
- Customer Service Representative Job at RS&I Inc. – Idaho Falls, ID
- Customer Service Representative Job at Transplace – Frisco, TX
- Order Entry Customer Service Agent Job at AppleOne Employment Services – Edison, NJ
- Customer Service Sales Representative Job at Saros Inc – Tysons Corner, VA
- Phlebotomist–16 hours a week Job at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center – Boston, MA
- Lab Assistant / Phlebotomist – The Jewish Hospital Mercy Health Job at Mercy Health – Cincinnati, OH
- Phlebotomist Job at Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies – Montgomery, AL
See More: 1,000+ Construction Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit www.applytracking.com.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.