University of Rochester
Contact Tracing jobs in New York, USA – Apply for Contact Tracer – 229439 – University of Rochester Job at University of Rochester – Rochester, NY. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Contact Tracer Job ID 229439
Location Other Nursing Opportunities Full/Part Time TAR Favorite Job Regular/Temporary Temporary Opening
Time as Reported Grade 001 University Health Service
UHS will hire and train staff working remotely to support the NYS Department of Health (NYSDOH) and Monroe County Department of Public Health (MCDPH) to perform COVID-19 contact tracing in the University community. The aim of this initiative will be to call every person diagnosed with COVID-19, establish contact with all contacts of this person, and proceed to call and maintain ongoing communication with every contact. In addition, the team will support the isolation and quarantine of individuals, as appropriate in cooperation with the NYSDOH and MCDPH. This includes referral to UHS and University resources as needed. This contact tracing initiative is in tandem with statewide-wide efforts to increase testing, improve communication and knowledge of effective strategies to reduce transmission, and implementation of isolation and quarantine. This will fortify efforts to control the pandemic in NYS.
The Contact Tracer will use a web-based platform to call all contacts of anyone diagnosed with COVID-19, determine exposure, assess symptoms, refer for testing according to established protocols, and provide them with instructions for isolation or quarantine. Contact Tracers are required to follow set scripts and adhere to policies and procedures provided by NYS and MCDPH. They will also comply with UHS training regarding confidential information related to personal information.
- Call contacts of newly diagnosed cases.
- Communicate with contacts in a professional and empathetic manner maintaining emotional and cultural awareness.
- Follow a set script to inform contacts about the importance of isolation or quarantine and what to do if symptoms are present or develop.
- Collect and record information on symptoms and needs into the electronic medical record with accuracy.
- Provide contacts with approved information about University isolation and quarantine procedures, and if appropriate, refer them to testing according to protocol and/or to a UHS provider for resources.
Maintain daily Contact and reporting to UHS Staff and Nurse Manager on status of contacts and issues that arise from tracing results.
- High school diploma, or equivalent required. Must be 18 years of age or older. Some college training preferred.
- Must be a NYS resident.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English clearly and concisely. Fluency in a second or multiple languages would be a plus.
- Own telephone, computer, wireless internet (WiFi) and electronic equipment. (A partial reimbursement to maintain unlimited phone and data access will be provided.)
- Must have access to a working PC with Windows 10, Antivirus Protection: Windows Defender and Windows Firewall; or Mac with Apple OS X 10.13, Antivirus Protection: Sophos; and personal mobile device to use for this job.
- Meet all University requirements for remote access
- Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude and independent work ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress.
- Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals and assist with identifying solutions to problems identified.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Sound judgment required.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
- Proficiency with computers and data entry into electronic tracking systems.
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Contact Tracer Specialist – Remote Job at AAA Club Alliance – Newark, DE Remote
- Senior Manager – Project Accounting Job at Connect Search, LLC – Chicago, IL
- Senior Staff Accountant Job at KBW Financial Staffing & Recruiting – Boston, MA
- Accountant III Job at CIBC U.S. – Chicago, IL
- Accountant Channel Sales Representative Job at ADP – Los Angeles, California, United States
- Senior Portfolio Accountant Job at LaSalle Investment Management – Chicago, IL
- Revenue Accountant Job at Excelitas Technologies Corp. – Waltham, MA
- Senior Accountant Job at Fabric – Atlanta, GA
- Environmental Field Technician – Stack Job at Montrose Environmental Group – Wauconda, IL
- Environmental Coordinator Job at Baffinland – California, United States
See More: 1,000+ Contact Tracing Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit ps.its.rochester.edu.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.