DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY
Government jobs in Maryland, USA – Apply for Contract Price/Cost Analyst Jobs at DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY – Aberdeen proving Ground, MD. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
About the Position: The Army Contracting Command-APG is the premier Army leader in acquiring quality, technologically superior, next generation equipment and services in the shortest time for our warfighters while obtaining best value for the American taxpayer. It is a full service, life-cycle acquisition organization that is expert in market research as well as the solicitation, award and administration of contracts, grants, cooperative agreements and other transactions.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates cost or pricing data contained in proposals to determine reasonableness of all elements of cost.
- Serves as the advisor or senior price negotiator to contracting teams and acquisition review boards or committees
- Provides recommendations to the source selection team with detailed analysis of cost features and schedules.
- Performs cost and price analysis using accounting and auditing data, forecasting techniques, learning curves, and regression analysis.
- Consults with contractor personnel, engineers, cost estimators, administrative and shop personnel to determine that cost decisions are in the best interest of the government.
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This is a Defense Acquisition Workforce (AWF) position. The employee must meet the DoDI 5000.66 requirements “Advanced Career Level Certification” within 4 years of entrance on duty.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance. If the security clearance is denied or revoked, the individual may be denied or removed from the position, accordingly
- Must file financial statement.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Driver?s License
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Interchange Agreement
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Educational Requirement for Contracting Series:
Degree: Bachelor’s degree (or higher degree) from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees.
Exemption: You are exempt from the education requirements above if (A) you are a current civilian employee in DoD who occupied GS-1102 positions or contracting positions with authority to award or administer contracts above the simplified acquisition threshold in an Executive Department on or before September 30, 2000; OR (B) you are a current military member who occupied a similar occupational specialty to the GS (or equivalent)-1102 on or before September 30, 2000.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes 1) Experience analyzing, evaluating and participating in negotiations of contractors’ proposals; (2) Developing complex pricing and incentive arrangements; AND (3) Reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating cost and pricing features contained in audit reports, such as cost items that have been questioned or disapproved. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the second lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-12).
Education can NOT be substituted for experience.
***You must submit a copy of ALL your transcripts with this application package***
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Financial Management
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-12).
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- This position requires you to submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 14 – Contracting position.
- You may claim military spouse preference (MSP).
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- When you perform a Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the government, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit https://www.dfas.mil/civilianemployees/civrelo/Civilian-Moving-Expenses-Tax-Deduction/ for more information.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
- Due to COVID-19, the agency is currently in an expanded telework posture. If selected, you may be expected to temporarily telework, even if your home is located outside the local commuting area. Once employees are permitted to return to the office, you will be expected to report to the duty station listed on this announcement within a designated time frame identified by the organization. At that time, you may be eligible to request to continue to telework one or more days a pay period depending upon the terms of the agency’s telework policy.
- May require overtime work.
- This position may be eligible for regular and recurring TELEWORK, including emergency and OPM prescribed unscheduled Telework. Supervisor approval will be required on a case-by-case basis.
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selectees for the purposes of implementing workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/.
- Information on the Army Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology Workforce may be found at https://asc.army.mil/.
- All selections under an announcement must be made within 3 months from the issuance date of the certificate referral list.
- Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) will not be authorized.
- Relocation/Recruitment Incentive may be authorized.
- Defense National Relocation Program will not be authorized.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM’s Career Transition Resources website.
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc). Please review the following links to see which documents you need to provide to prove your eligibility to apply: Applicant Merit Checklist and Proof of Eligibility.
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
2. Other supporting documents:
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
- Proof of Eligibility to Apply: Your application must include the documents which prove you are eligible to apply for the vacancy. The Proof of Eligibility document describes authorities commonly used in merit promotion recruitment and what document(s) are required to prove you meet the requirements of the authority. You must meet the requirements of at least one of the authorities listed in the Who May Apply section above to receive further consideration.
- Time-in-grade documentation: If you are applying for a higher grade and your SF-50 has an effective date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you meet the one year time-in-grade requirement so you will need to provide an SF-50 which clearly demonstrates you meet the time-in-grade requirements (examples of appropriate SF-50s include Promotions, Within-grade Grade/Range Increases, and SF-50s with an effective date more than one year old).
- This position has an individual occupational requirement and/or allows for substitution of education for experience. If you meet this requirement based on education you MUST submit a copy of your transcript with your application package or you will be rated ineligible. See: Transcripts and Licenses
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person’s personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Waiter NA-03 Jobs at DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY – AGENCY WIDE – Aberdeen proving Ground, MD
- Child and Youth Program Assistant CY-01/02 Jobs at DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY – AGENCY WIDE – Aberdeen proving Ground, MD
- County Program Technician Jobs at DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE – Abbeville, AL
- Physician ( Orthopedic- Hand Surgeon) (Part Time) Jobs at Department of Veterans Affairs – Syracuse, NY
- Food Service Worker Jobs at Department of the Air Force – Barksdale AFB, LA
- Interdisciplinary Jobs at Department of the Army – Rock Island, IL
- Staff Psychologist (PTSD) Jobs at Department of Veterans Affairs – Corpus Christi, TX
- ADMIN/TECH SPECIALIST Jobs at Department of the Navy – Newport, RI
- Registered Nurse- Primary Care Jobs at Department of Veterans Affairs – Freeport, IL
- Psychologist Jobs at Department of Defense – Gunter AFB, AL
See More: 1,000+ Government Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit secure.login.gov.