Texas Health and Human Services
Custodian jobs in Texas, USA – Apply for Custodian I Jobs at Texas Health and Human Services – Carlsbad, TX (On-site). See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Perform routine custodial work. Follows all facility rules and policies. Work involves cleaning, disinfecting/sanitizing and caring for state buildings, premises and/or residents living units. Responsible and accountable for assigned equipment and the maintenance of custodial equipment. Maintains outside areas around building, clears trash and debris. Performs related work as assigned and assumes duties of other custodians as needed. Works under close supervision with minimal latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Essential Job Functions
Attends work on a regular basis and may be required to work a specific shift schedule or, at times, even a rotating schedule, extended shift and/or overtime in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
Environment and Residence Appearance: Helps maintain a clean working environment.
Floor Care and Maintenance: Cleans floors and applies finishes in accordance with established procedures and safety measures. Vacuums and uses mechanical extractor as required based on flooring.
Restroom Care: Cleans and sanitizes restrooms and/or bathing areas to prevent the transmission of disease. Provide a clean and safe environment for all residents by following Environmental Services and Infection Control procedures. Replenish supplies as needed. Empties trash.
Bedroom Care: Cleans floors, walls and furniture to assist residents in maintaining a clean, attractive, safe and sanitary environment. Empties trash. Removes linen, sanitizes beds and remakes beds.
Building Exterior and Interior (General): Maintains and cleans the interior and exterior of assigned buildings. Reports needed repairs. Empties trash.
Nurses’ Station and Isolation Areas: Cleans to prevent transmission of communicable disease.
Health and Safety: Helps residents maintain optimal health and provides a safe environment for self, persons-served and others.
Documentation: Completes documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
Other duties as assigned include but are not limited to actively participating and/or serving in a supporting role to meet the agency’s obligations for disaster response and/or recovery or Continuity of Operations (COOP) activation. Such participation may require an alternate shift pattern assignment and/or location.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
- Knowledge of cleaning methods, standards, and sanitation regulations.
- Skill in operating environmental services cleaning equipment.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand/walk on hard floors for extended period.
- Ability to work harmoniously and productively with co-workers and residents.
- Ability to work irregular hours.
- Demonstrates the ability to work safely with chemicals.
Registration Or Licensure Requirements
Initial Selection Criteria
Experience in Housekeeping/Custodial services preferred, but not required.
One Of The Following Is Required
- Paid or unpaid experience in housekeeping/custodial service experience; or
- Graduation from a standard senior high school or equivalent; or
- Some work experience.
Requisition Number 505467
Salary Note: The salary offered will follow HHS starting salary guidelines which are typically made at or near the minimum of the salary range.
Applicants must pass a fingerprint criminal background check, pre-employment drug screen, and registry checks including the Client Abuse/Neglect Reporting System (CANRS), Nurse Aide, Medication Aide and Employee Misconduct and HHS OIG List of Excluded Individuals/ Entities. Males between the ages of 18 – 25 must be registered with the Selective Service.
All State Supported Living Center employees are subject to Random drug testing.
Flexibility in work hours may be required for this position. The position may be required to work overtime and/or extended hours.
All applicants must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for employment at a state-operated facility.
All new hire candidates will be required to receive COVID-19 medical screening (nasal test) as part of the due diligence process.
There are no Military occupations that relate to the initial selection criteria and registration or licensure requirements for this position. All active duty military, reservists, guardsmen, and veterans are encouraged to apply if qualified to fill this position. For additional information see the Texas State Auditor’s Military Crosswalk at http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/JobDescriptions.aspx
HHS agencies use E-Verify. You must bring your I-9 documentation with you on your first day of work.
I-9 Form – Click here to download the I-9 form.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HHS agencies will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the on-line application, contact the HHS Employee Service Center at 1-888-894-4747. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview.
Top 10 Tips for Success when Applying to Jobs at HHSC and DSHS
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Division of Facilities Management – Custodian II – Marvin Foote Youth Service Center Jobs at State of Colorado – Denver, CO (On-site)
- Custodian/Groundskeeper Jobs at Management & Training Corporation – Los Angeles, CA
- Custodian / Janitor Jobs at Uline – Clinton, NJ (On-site)
- Custodian (Full-Time) Jobs at CubeSmart – Panama City, FL
- Custodians needed at APS 2 pm to 8 pm M-F Jobs at Kelly – Albuquerque, NM
- Senior Custodian Jobs at UC Irvine – Irvine, CA
- Custodian / Janitor Jobs at Uline – Reading, PA
- MAINTENANCE CUSTODIAN 1 Jobs at University of Washington – Seattle, WA
- Custodians for Huntsville City School (Huntsville, Al) Jobs at Spur – Huntsville, AL
- Substitute Custodian – West Feliciana Parish Schools Jobs at Kelly – St Francisville, LA
See More: 1,000+ Custodian Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit jobshrportal.hhsc.state.tx.us.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.