Fedex jobs in Florida, USA – Apply for Customer Service Parcel Specialist Jobs at FedEx Office – Miami Beach, Florida. See job descriptions, requirements, and the link to apply.
This team member will have primary responsibility for coordinating the inbound/outbound package activities of the in-center parcel management operation. This team member will be receiving, processing, staging and delivering all inbound and outbound packages from the venue/center utilizing an electronic last mile tracking system with limited supervision. This team member will regularly interface with all levels inside the venue and event customer’s organizations. The team member must be proficient with a variety of computer systems and have the ability to meet the physical demands of the position. This team member is required to perform many functions within the center, including all functions performed by Center Consultant team members.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Primary responsibility for coordination of all shipping related services and activities, include:
- Maintain log of all incoming and outgoing parcels, prepare parcels for pickup by delivery drivers, and sort incoming parcels
- Utilize proprietary software and equipment to execute necessary job functions. Responsible for mobile equipment assigned on a daily basis (where applicable)
- May pick-up and deliver customer packages throughout the hotel facility
- Provide customer service, including anticipating customer needs, suggesting alternatives and problem solving, and is able to satisfy those needs with a minimum amount of supervision
- Assemble parcels and prepare goods for shipping by wrapping items in insulation, inserting items into shipping containers, weighing packages, and affixing labels to parcels
- Utilize pallet jacks and other large package handling equipment (where applicable)
- Follow all Equipment Safety and Package Security guidelines
- Provide customer service by determining appropriate shipping methods, informing customers of company products, services, routes, and rates
- Ensure quality customer service is given to customers by providing packaging services, as well as offering information about company products and services
- Offer assistance to customers by suggesting appropriate shipping methods. Maintain inventory of shipping supplies
- Set priorities of customer requests
- Maintain high levels of customer service
- Use sound judgement to resolve customer service issues or refunds
- Employ investigative research for mis-labeled packages
- Troubleshoot routine equipment problems
- May provide leadership on assigned shifts and direct work of other team members
- Perform multiple tasks at the same time
- Follows instructions of supervisors and assists other team members in performing center functions
- Collate, sort and organize communications and other forms of information provided by customers and the venue
- Assist in the training of center team members
- Operate the point of sale terminal (POS) ensuring package handling fees are collected
- Perform daily close-out procedures on POS
- May assist team members in goal setting and skill development
- Performs administrative duties, including bidding, ordering supplies and inventory control
- May operate photocopy, binding and other business center equipment
- Take customer orders, give pricing information, perform consultative selling to customers, and explain the benefits of digital printing technology to customers
- May pick-up and deliver customer orders
- Follows copying protocol (copyright law, confidentiality, and careful handling of original documents)
- Prepares bank deposit slips
- Perform all other duties as needed or requested
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent education required
- Minimum six months of related experience required (Warehouse and/or Hospitality Experience Preferred)
- Proven strong organization and planning skills
- Action oriented with skills and aptitude to excel in a customer-focused and results-driven environment
- High integrity individuals who present professional image through effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent team building and collaborative skills; ability to develop strong customer relationships
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to accurately translate and record information into electronic tracking system with 100% accuracy
- Proficiency with computer systems and ability to learn new software applications quickly.
- Ability to pass an OSHA certification for any equipment in center calling for such certification
- Ability to move 75 pounds unassisted
- Ability to maneuver packages of any weight above 75 pounds with appropriate equipment and/or assistance from another person
- Physical stamina to walk up to 10 miles per shift
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office’s employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office’s team members, must have received a Meets Standard or above on last performance appraisal
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Ability to stand during entire shift, excluding meal and rest periods
- Ability to move and lift 75 pounds
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to bend/twist at the waist and knees
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, partners, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to perform the General Duties and Responsibilities set forth above in a consistent and efficient manner
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility.
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities.
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. FedEx Office will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. America’s Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at [email protected].
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Freight Handler Part-Time Jobs at FedEx Freight – Zion, Illinois
- Delivery Driver / Courier (Vacation Float) / Full Time Jobs at FedEx Express – Burlington, Washington
- Driver Jobs at FedEx Logistics – Memphis, Tennessee
- Handler (Non-DOT) Jobs at FedEx Express – Charlottesville, Virginia
- Warehouse Package Handler Part Time PM Shift Jobs at FedEx Express – San Bernardino, California
- Manager – Network Engineering Product Development Jobs at FedEx Ground – Moon Township, Pennsylvania
- Full Time DOT Courier Jobs at FedEx Express – Harahan, Louisiana
- FT Courier/DOT Jobs at FedEx Express – Kahului, Hawaii
- Delivery Driver Jobs at FedEx Express – Appleton, Wisconsin
- Sr Eng Jobs at FedEx Express – Littleton, Colorado
See More: 1,000+ FedEx jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit fedex.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.