Amazon Data Services, Inc.
Amazon jobs in Washington State, United States – Apply for Data Center Operations Technician Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 2299881
Job Title: Data Center Operations Technician.
At Amazon, we strive to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world’s brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for customers.
AMER Edge Data Center Operations team is looking to hire an experienced and highly motivated individual to provide local and remote support for its Edge & PoP (Point of Presence) Data Centers in the North America region.
We are looking for a highly autonomous, detail-oriented individual who demonstrates a strong network and server troubleshooting skillset. You must possess excellent written & verbal communication skills, and be able to take on a leadership role within a team environment to consistently deliver results for our customers. You must have relentless drive for excellence and a passion for technology paired with a desire to be the best at your job.
About the Role:
As an Edge Data Center Operations (DCO) technician at Amazon you will help build and maintain a world-leading cloud computing infrastructure across multiple data centers in the North America region.
Your daily duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Triaging emergent data center issues using a ticketing system.
- Troubleshooting & configuring network and server hardware.
- Working with cross-functional teams – both internal and external.
- Leading network & server scaling projects to expand AWS Edge data center infrastructure.
- Flexibility to occasionally work outside of standard business hours, including nights and weekends, in support of a follow-the-sun on-call rotation and other time-sensitive escalations. Working with capacity teams to expand the AWS network.
- Driving the team to improve operational efficiency through process improvement initiatives.
- Producing reports to management on metrics and project status.
- Triaging and repairing data center fiber optic cabling/systems and network hardware
- Coordinating remote hands for new capacity installations
- Resolving data center facility issues
- Co-ordinating remote hands and eyes for any data center network issues
- Participating in small to mid-size projects creating or expanding data centers
- Building relationships with remote facilities to ensure swift response times to events
- Performing site audits to ensure safety and quality meets standards
- Improving all Operational Processes and Security with each site
- Decommissioning cabling and network hardware as needed
- Bachelors Degree (BA or BS) in computer science or management or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of Linux, UNIX administration
- 2+ years troubleshooting Network installation and configuration
- 2+ years triaging and repairing data center fiber optic cabling/systems and network hardware
Physical Requirements (all physical requirements may be done with reasonable accommodations)
- This position also has a physical component requiring the ability to lift & rack equipment up to 40lbs; it may require working in cramped spaces or in elevated locations while adhering to health & safety guidelines.
- Experience dealing with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure.
- Understanding of distributed and service oriented architectures.
- Proven ability to manage customer expectations and resolve conflicts that balance client and company needs.
- LEAN, Sigma and Operational Excellence knowledge and/or proficiency.
- Excellent knowledge of server hardware
- Excellent knowledge of Linux, UNIX administration – Copper/Fiber Optic Testing/Cabling Standards.
- Understanding of TCP/IP networks.
- Proficiency with MS Office, MS Project, SQL.
- This role involves 60% travel, including some international travel. Candidate must be able to accommodate travel requirements.
- Senior Antenna Engineer, Phased Array Antenna Amazon Jobs – Redmond, WA
- Software Development Engineer, ACC Tech Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Software Development Engineer, ACC Tech Amazon Jobs – Arlington, VA
- HR Manager, PXT Amazon Jobs – Carlisle, PA
- Software Development Manager, AWS Marketplace Amazon Jobs – Austin, TX
- Assistant Manager, RSR Amazon Jobs – Washington, IN
- Physical Security Program Manager, AWS Non-Traditional Environments Security Amazon Jobs – Boston, MA
- Amazon Fresh Produce Associate Amazon Jobs – Lorton, VA
- Registered Pharm Tech, Fulfillment – Amazon Pharmacy Amazon Jobs – Austin, TX
- IT Support Associate II, OpsTech-IT Amazon Jobs – Romulus, MI
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.