Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in Virginia, United States. – Apply for Data Center Sourcing Manager Amazon Jobs – Arlington Area, VA. See the description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1837197
Job Title: Data Center Sourcing Manager.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic, growing business unit within Amazon.com that provides a broad set of infrastructure services including computing power, storage options, networking and databases available on demand. We are the leader in cloud computing and our pioneers are embracing innovation, building the future, and making history! The Infrastructure team provides AWS and Amazon.com with the compute, network and datacenter capacity that are the foundations of the retail and cloud business.
Amazon is seeking a motivated and data-driven category manager to support the Americas data center operations space. The candidate should have strong supply chain and procurement skills, analytical and financial acumen , communication capabilities and a hands-on passion to dive-deep into processes used in our data center operations network. Additionally, candidate must have proven skills in managing large-scale supply chain and procurement improvement projects.
As a Category Manager, you will create and implement sourcing strategies for at least one services category and collaborate with internal business partners and suppliers to drive efficiencies, reduce risks, and costs for Amazon. You will develop mechanisms and metrics to hold suppliers accountable for performance and delivery. You will drive results through methods that include competitive bidding, negotiating, and analyzing data and market trends for your category.
The ideal candidate thinks long term, drives multiple initiatives, communicates appropriately and influences customers and suppliers at all levels. You will be collaborative, but also work with significant autonomy. To be successful in this role you will be highly analytical; think strategically and globally; exhibit curiosity and learning drive; have a sense of urgency to meet customer timelines, succeed in a fast-paced environment; and have a high level of customer focus and business judgement. It will be critical to embrace and model Amazon’s Leadership Principles and have an entrepreneurial spirit.
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
· Proven experience driving large-scale process improvements resulting in measurable value
· High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
· Demonstrated ability to influence teams to adopt change utilizing smart technologies
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where ambiguity exists and continuous innovation is desired
· Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
· Demonstrated analytical, financial and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
· Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
· Ability to see ahead comprehensively and devise a strong plan of action, and ensure execution happens on time, every time
· Ability to get things done and produce conclusive, measurable results within time commitments
· Strong influencing skills
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Engineering, Operations, or other field from an accredited university or 5+ years Amazon experience
· 10+ years of relevant strategic sourcing experience including vendor negotiations, global contract management, process improvement , operational and financial analysis
· 10+ years of experience in procurement, supply chain, inventory management and operations
* No international relocation offered for this job.
· Masters degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Engineering or Operations
· Familiarity with supply chain management concepts – forecasting, planning, sourcing, optimization, logistics
· Familiarity with supply chain , operational , cost and financial analysis
· Experience in data centers, engineering, an infrastructure service provider or similar technology company
· Strong track record of creative problem solving using lean principles, and the desire to create and build new processes.
· Experience measuring key operational metrics (e.g., order cycle time, ship estimate accuracy, on time and complete shipment, inventory record defect rate)
· Experience practicing best-in-class procurement processes (category management, bench-marking, should-cost models, RFX, reverse auction, contracting, etc.).
· Strong quantitative, financial and qualitative analytical skills paired with hands-on attitude, excellent attention to detail, and good business judgment
· Strong leader who can drive category strategies, develop pricing models, and has influence across all levels of an organization
· Experience developing tools, reports, process maps, scorecards, and data visualizations that improve upon those currently employed for understanding the business and making decisions
· Tableau or other data visualization tools
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel is required
· Some travel is required
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Sr. Technical Program Manager, Amazon Transportation Services Amazon Jobs – Bellevue, Washington
- Applied Science Manager Amazon Jobs – Santa Monica, California
- Senior Applied Scientist Amazon Jobs – Santa Monica, California
- Software Development Engineer – RAI, Robotics AI Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Software Development Engineer, Amazon.in Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Sr. SDM Amazon Jobs – New York Area, NY
- Product Marketing Manager, Amazon Fresh (Seattle, New York) Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Amazon Fresh Overnight Zone Lead – Murrieta, CA (Full-Time) Amazon Jobs – Murrieta, CA
- Amazon Fresh Overnight Zone Lead – Mission Viejo, CA (Full Time) Amazon Jobs – Mission Viejo, CA
- Amazon Fresh Overnight Zone Lead Amazon Jobs – Encino, CA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.