Amazon Data Services, Inc.
Amazon jobs in Virginia, United States – Apply for Data Center Technician, ADC InfraOps DCO Amazon Jobs – Culpeper, VA. See the job description, requirements, and link to apply.
Job ID: 2379554
Job Title: Data Center Technician.
The Infrastructure Operations team is looking for cleared Data Center Technicians to join our expanding Infrastructure Operations team. Data Center Technicians are the primary resolver and troubleshoot and solve a range of datacenter infrastructure issues including, but not limited to: hardware, fiber, networking, and related problems.
If you like to use IT principles like computer architecture and the OSI model (Open Systems Interconnection Model) and apply them to finding solutions to problems, we’d like to meet you. Your work will help to maintain one of the world’s largest information system infrastructures.
Key job responsibilities
You will be required to engage in physical data center activities with or without reasonable accommodation. This includes all tasks associated with planning and tracking capacity, rack deployment, rack cabling, hardware and software troubleshooting, and rack decommissioning.
These activities include the following:
• Lifting and moving material up to 40 pounds each
• Working in cramped and/or elevated locations
• Bending, lifting, stretching, and reaching
• Standing and walking for up to 8+ hours a day
• Ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways safely and without limitation
• Work in a noisy environment
• Work shifts longer than 8 hours to support 24/7 operations (covering both night and day shifts).
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
A day in the life
Our Data Center Technician professionals, who have industry-leading technical abilities and demonstrate a breadth of knowledge:
• Take ownership of technical issues brought by their customer base, engaging other teams when needed to drive resolution
• Show a strong aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving
• Solve problems at their root and step back to understand the broader context
• Maintain service level agreements through the implementation of proactive issue detection and reporting
• Are biased to act in the absence of direction or support
• Improve effectiveness through process innovation
This position will fill an opening at one of multiple separate sites. This position may shift work that will include days/nights/weekends/holidays.
- 1+ year of Computer Hardware experience or 1+ year of experience with technical troubleshooting and remediation.
- A high school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED)
- Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph
• Hands-on experience with one or more of the follow hardware platforms (e.g. Dell, HP) is a plus.
• Networking experience with CCNA and/or Network+ certifications is a plus.
• Previous experience working in a Data Center environment (racking & stacking gear, cable management, hot & cold aisle containment).
• Associate’s degree in IT-related field plus two years of progressively responsible experience preferred.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. We pioneered cloud computing and never stopped innovating — that’s why customers from the most successful startups to Global 500 companies trust our robust suite of products and services to power their businesses.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, it’s in our nature to learn and be curious. Our employee-led affinity groups foster a culture of inclusion that empower us to be proud of our differences. Ongoing events and learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences, inspire us to never stop celebrating our uniqueness.
This team supports 24/7 systems in a classified environment, and periodic on-call duties with ability to drive into workplace for critical events/needs will be required.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We have a career path for you no matter what stage you’re in when you start here. As we strive to become Earth’s Best Employer, we know we must continuously raise our performance bar. That’s why you’ll find endless knowledge-sharing, mentorship and other career-advancing resources here to help you develop into a better-rounded professional.
- Front-end Engineer, Security Review Tooling team Amazon Jobs – San Diego, CA
- Front-end Engineer II, WW Sustainability Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Sr Mgr, Theatrical Dist, MGM Amazon Jobs – West Hollywood, CA
- Executive Assistant – Studios Marketing, Amazon & MGM Studios Marketing Amazon Jobs – Culver City, CA
- Amazon Fresh Overnight Grocery Associate Amazon – Lorton, VA
- Amazon Go Retail Associate – Seattle, WA at Terry Ave Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Financial Analyst, Sustainability Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Process Assistant, Outbound Sort – Front Half Nights (FHN) Amazon Jobs – Bondurant, IA
- Sr. Product Marketing Manager Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Overnight Registered Pharmacy Technician, Fulfillment – Amazon Pharmacy Amazon Jobs – Plainfield, IN
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.