Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in New York State, United States – Apply for Data Engineer, Analytics & Data Management Amazon Jobs – New York City, NY. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 2291213
Job Title: Data Engineer.
Data Engineer, Self-Service Performance Advertising
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
The Analytics & Data Management (ADM) team for Performance advertising organization is looking for a Sr. Data Engineer (Big Data) to play a key role in building its next generation analytics tools and solutions that enables and grows Performance Advertising business. Are you passionate about Big Data and highly scalable data platforms? Do you enjoy building petabyte scale data platforms? And if you have experience in building and maintaining highly scalable data engineering platforms delivering insights then we need you!!!
In this role you will part of Big Data Platform team delivering the analytics needs of the commercial organization by translating business needs into scalable solutions. You will lead the analytics, design and architecture of our Petabyte-scale data management system and deliver highly visible enterprise level solutions. You will have the opportunity to innovate and drive your vision to build platforms that scale with the business. You will improve productivity of our customers and help various teams across Advertising organization in meeting their goals by enabling them with predictive analytics and business insights.
- 1+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Experience in SQL
- 10+ years of experience in building large-scale data/software systems with high performance, great usability and highly satisfied customers.
- Gathering business requirements, formulating metrics and building highly scalable pipelines.
- Detailed knowledge of cloud-based data warehouses, architecture, infrastructure components, ETL and reporting/analytic tools and environments.
- Solid understanding of source data, its strengths, weaknesses, semantics and formats.
- Solid understanding of big data technologies
- Excellent understanding of software development life cycle and/or agile development environment with emphasis on BI practices.
- Ability to create collaborative relationships with partners, stakeholders and customers while managing expectations, managing concerns and risks, and communicating progress.
- Ability to plan roadmap, prioritize tasks, manage dependencies and deliver on time.
- Strong organizational skills and planning prowess, with excellent attention to detail.
- You should excel in the design, creation, and management of large datasets, and have the analytical skills to answer tough questions for the business.
- Experience with Big Data technologies e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Oozie, Presto, Hue, Spark, and more!
- Experience with Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) databases – Redshift, Teradata etc
- Experience with distributed systems and NoSQL databases
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong programming skills – Scala, Python, Java, etc.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $81,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $185,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
- Software Development Engineer , AWS Identity Amazon Jobs – US, Virtual
- Applied Scientist, Amazon Ads Identity Amazon Jobs – Palo Alto, CA
- Sr Mechanical Design Engineer – Customer Terminals Amazon Jobs – Redmond, WA
- Amazon Fresh Grocery Associate Amazon Jobs – Oak Lawn, IL
- Content Marketing Mgr, Amazon Publisher Services Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- Amazon Robotics – Software Development Engineer (SDE) – Summer 2023, Robotic Strategy and Concepts Amazon Jobs – Westborough, MA
- Sr. Technical Program Manager, Amazon Ads Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- Sr. Partner Development Manager Tech, Strategic Partner Development and Support Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- Game Designer, Prime Gaming Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Software Development Engineer, AWS Jam Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.