Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in Washington State, United States. – Apply for Data Engineer II Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington. See the description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1642310
Job Title: Data Engineer II.
***This role can be located in any Amazon corporate office across North America including but not limited to New York, Boston, Los Angeles, Austin, Nashville, Washington DC, Atlanta, Houston, etc.***
Amazon strives to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring shipments are delivered quickly, safely, and as compliant as possible. Amazon’s Transportation Risk and Compliance (TRC) Team protects Amazon’s various transportation businesses by implementing scalable risk management solutions that foster continued business growth. To support the business, we build tools to digitize evidence collection to streamline the audit experience for our transportation partners.
We are seeking a seasoned Data Engineer who can build the most advanced data architecture and products at Amazon and in the world. Our systems audit across a multitude of transportation segments and modes both within and across international borders. This mandates building highly available and scalable distributed systems. In this role you will be responsible for designing and delivering large data technical solutions across the TRC organization.You will define and help launch innovative analytical applications used by Product Management, Operations, Auditors, other Dev teams, and Executives with a direct impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of flagship products that customers love and use every day. As part of the team you will help lead the development of very large and complex data applications using machine learning and other mathematical and econometric models — there is no reporting done by our data engineers.
The ideal candidate will have industry-leading data design skills, working across multiple development teams, as well as working with large data sets and data pipelines. They will have experience defining data solutions, setting up data engineering architecture, and a desire to work within a standard software development life cycle.
· BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field.
· 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
· Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· Experience in SQL
· 4+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
· Experience using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Spark, EMR, etc.)
· Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
· Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
· An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment.
· MBA or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field.
· Experience in writing and tuning SQL scripts.
· Experience working in very large data warehouse environments.
· Experience conducting large scale data analysis to support business decision making.
· Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Other Related Jobs:
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.