Data science jobs in North Carolina, USA. – Apply for Data Scientist Job at Genworth – Raleigh, NC. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Enact has a great opportunity for a motivated and talented individual with a background in data and analytics to work on insurance focused analytics. This is a dynamic and challenging opportunity to apply the latest tools and methods in Big Data and Data Science for a variety of business matters.
The Data Scientist is part of a highly analytical team that provides business critical intelligence and advice for decision support. In this role, you will collaborate with partners in Operations (Underwriting, Claims), Customer Experience, Pricing, Risk, and other functions to define problems, identify data, build predictive and prescriptive models, and deliver optimal solutions across the entire range of Enact’s line of business and customers.
The Data Scientist will report to the Senior Manager of Data Science and provides cross-functional analytical support through effective use of predictive analytics and forecasting methods to improve operational visibility and efficiencies. This Raleigh-based position will support cross-functional as well as cross-platform advanced modeling and promote best practice sharing at Enact.
- Research current processes and proactively identify emerging needs for analytic models
- Design, create and implement advanced analytics and forecasting models to optimize business processes; provide insights for decision making through the use of ML and traditional statistical modeling
- Provide mentorship and share knowledge with functional and cross-functional peers
- Become a trusted analytical partner to the functional areas of support (Marketing, Customer Solutions, Underwriting, Loss Mitigation, Pricing) and collaborate on the development and planning of analytic projects in response to business needs
- Develop and perform preliminary exploratory analysis and build advanced ML models
- Strong ability to work with structured and unstructured data
- Determine requirements, evaluate analytical approaches and take ownership of the predictive models to optimize decision making for functional areas of support
- Communicate and document statistical analyses and methods in a logical and understandable manner for non-analytical business users and model governance teams
- Ensure accuracy of results and analytic methods; perform regular validation and collaborations of the analytical models
- Collaborate with peer analysts to ensure the use of models for optimized decision making and reduce model risk
- Demonstrate strong business acumen and understanding of mortgage insurance concepts
- Master’s degree required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in business analytics and business support functions
- Hands-on experience with logistic regression, time series forecasting, optimization, and other predictive modeling techniques. ML experience and knowledge of ML platforms, libraries, and programming
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in one or more of the following statistical/analytic languages such as Python (Pandas, Scikit-Learn), Apache Spark (or PySpark), Hive, and/or Scala in a cloud computing environment
- 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following: database query and management tools (SQL, Spark, Preseto/Athena/Hive / HQL etc.)
- AWS Certification or proven experience in a similar cloud computing environment (Azure, or Google Cloud)
- Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements and articulate analytic solution to get business buy-in
- Ability to influence decision makers and drive consensus
- Strong communication (oral, written, interpersonal, and presentation) skills
- Master’s or PhD in a quantitative research field such as: Statistics, Biostatistics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Demography / Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Data Science, Quantitative Social Sciences, Epidemiology, Engineering etc.
- Experience or background in customer focused fields including customer acquisition, credit risk scoring, churn, default etc.
- Ability to perform complex day-to-day ETL tasks such as data gathering, data cleaning, wrangling, coding or programming, business and analytics requirements gathering, and data analysis
- Experience with large analysis datasets and enterprise scale database systems (e.g. Large Hadoop, Redshift, Hive, SQL tables etc.)
WHY WORK AT ENACT
- We have a real impact on the lives of the people we serve
- We work on challenging and rewarding projects
- We give back to the communities where we live
- We offer competitive benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account options beginning your first day
- Generous Choice Time Off policy
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 40 hours of volunteer time off
- 401K Account with matching contributions
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Family Leave
- Child Care Subsidy Program
Enact, operating principally through its wholly-owned subsidiary Genworth Mortgage Insurance Corp. since 1981, is a leading U.S. private mortgage insurance provider committed to helping more people achieve the dream of homeownership. Building on a deep understanding of lenders’ businesses and a legacy of financial strength, we partner with lenders to bring best-in class service, leading underwriting expertise, and extensive risk and capital management to the mortgage process, helping to put more people in homes and keep them there. By empowering customers and their borrowers, Enact seeks to positively impact the lives of those in the communities in which it serves in a sustainable way. Enact is headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Through our values of Excellence, Improvement and Connection, the Enact team delivers on our mission to help more people realize the dream of homeownership. The positive impact we can have on our world inspires us to go the extra mile. We look at the bigger picture, always considering our customers’ processes and their borrowers’ experience. We work hard to anticipate all the effects our actions might have. That can make our work challenging, and also satisfying.
Are you the kind of person who’s always anticipating your customers’ needs? Always one step ahead, ready to catch that unexpected curveball? If so, you could thrive with us.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all hiring decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and business need. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Director, Global Data Science Lead Job at Mondelēz International – East Hanover, NJ
- Reston Data Science Tutor Job at Varsity Tutors, a Nerdy Company – Reston, VA
- Data Scientist Job at Warner Music Group – New York, NY
- Data Scientist Job at Insurify – Cambridge, MA
- Principal Associate, Data Science Job at Capital One – McLean, VA
- Senior Consultant, Data Scientist Job at CloudPareto – Arlington, VA
- Welder – 1st Shift Job at Wagman – York, PA
- Welder Job at AMETEK – Irvine, CA
- TIG Welder – 2nd shift Job at Chart Industries, Inc. – Ball Ground, GA
- Regional Code Welder Job at Covanta – Bainbridge, PA
See More: 1,000+ Data science Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit gnw.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.