The Safety Company
Data science jobs in Pennsylvania, USA – Apply for Data Scientist Jobs at MSA – The Safety Company – Cranberry, PA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
The Data Scientist role is an integral part of the MSA Data Innovation and Insights team, and as such you will be tasked with supporting MSA with insights gained from analyzing data gathered from various internal and external data sources. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets and must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations.
What you get to do:
- Work with the Data Innovation Manager and stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company data sources to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques, as well as identify potential new data or data sources.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong problem-solving skills and experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage).
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, etc) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- You are self-motivated, take charge without hesitation and manage multiple tasks with ease.
- You’re curious and passionate about leveraging data to get answers. You love details, and digging in to spot trends, form conclusions and identify opportunities.
We’re looking for someone with 3 or more years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field and possesses:
- Experience in statistical and data mining techniques (GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, etc)
- Experience querying datasets and using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.
- Experience using web services (Redshift, S3, Glue, etc)
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Femcare R&D Data Scientist Jobs at Procter & Gamble – Cincinnati, OH (On-site)
- Data Scientist – Marketing Mix Modeling Team Jobs at PNC – Pittsburgh, PA
- Associate Data Scientist Jobs at Advance Auto Parts – Raleigh, NC (Remote)
- Data Science Analyst I or II Jobs at Mather Economics – Atlanta, GA (On-site)
- Data Scientist, Supply Chain Jobs at KBI Biopharma – Durham, NC
- Data Scientist II – Natural Language Processing (NLP) Jobs at Bank of America – Atlanta, GA
- Data Scientist Jobs at Equifax – Atlanta, GA
- Data Scientist – Advanced Analytics Jobs at PNC – Pittsburgh, PA
- Data Scientist, Supply Chain Jobs at KBI Biopharma – Boulder, CO
- Data Scientist – Analytics, US Safety Jobs at TikTok – Los Angeles, CA
See More: 1,000+ Data science Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit careers-msasafety.icims.com.