Amazon Advertising LLC
Amazon jobs in New York State, United States. – Apply for Design Director Amazon Jobs – New York Area, NY. See the description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1648198
Job Title: Design Director.
The Custom Ads team is seeking an experienced design leader with a passion for systems thinking, data-driven ideas, and innovative design solutions to complex customer problems. Working across industries and design mediums, you will build best-in-class campaigns for a wide range of global brands.
As Design Director, you will be responsible for inspiring, mentoring, leading and growing a design team of UX and Brand Designers. The role requires a leader and innovator, who will advocate for user-centered solutions for exciting and ambitious ideas. You will work side-by-side with creative directors, art directors, copywriters, developers and program managers to create innovative campaign work that surprise and delight our customers.
A day in the life
• Overseeing a design system exploratory for a brand campaign
• Working with DTs to create and streamline a new product CX
• Providing feedback to designers on several different projects
• Working closely with a designer on improving a certain skill or aspect of craft
• Creating design standards and best-practices to impact process and design excellence across the org
About the hiring group
The Custom Ads team is the internal group within Amazon that creates one-of-a-kind campaigns and activations for global advertisers, like Pepsi, Microsoft, Adidas, Samsung, and Unilever. Using all of the different platforms within the Amazon canvas (Custom landing pages on Amazon.com, Alexa, Twitch, On-Box Ads, etc.), we create campaigns that reach millions of Amazon customers across our digital channels and out in the real-world. The Endemic pod specifically deals with brands that sell directly on Amazon – sneakers, laptops, detergent, soda, etc. If it arrives in a bag or a box, that’s a brand you could work on.
• Experience leading a diverse team in the delivery of experiences from end to end (user
flows, wireframes, prototypes, high-fidelity visual design)
• Relentlessly simplify and distill complex business processes into intuitive and elegant CX.
• Setting the design bar and constantly finding ways to exceed it.
• Drive the development and communication of design guidelines and patterns, with focus on increasing efficiencies in the design process and providing customers with a consistent and intuitive experience.
• Handle multiple projects in an agile, fast-paced environment.
• Define design productivity for the team and develop mechanisms to measure successful user experiences for our customers.
• Create and evangelize adoption of new design systems, libraries, templates, user interface patterns, style guides, methods or processes for a variety of users across our platforms.
• Partner with the technology team to ensure efficient workflow.
• Guide and audit to ensure accessibility standards are met.
• Develop an informed set of core values regarding user experience, technology, and business communication and present them concisely.
• Proactively pitch new CX ideas.
• Foster the growth of an inclusive team of individual contributors, with attention to career growth and mentoring.
· 6+ years of design experience
· Experience managing teams
• At least 4 years of experience leading teams of designers
• Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
• Expert understanding of the latest design tools.
• Experience mentoring Designers across many disciplines and taking the lead on projects.
• Self-motivated team player, with refined and effective leadership skills.
• Ability to influence others to set and achieve goals and deadlines.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple parallel-path projects.
• Expertise with Adobe Illustrator and Sketch and proficiency with other tools of the design trade.
• Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
• Demonstrated experience with building user interfaces across a range of platforms including desktop and mobile.
• An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions is a requirement for application.
• Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions.
• Expert in combination of core UX disciplines, e.g., user interface, interaction design, information architecture and/or visual design.
Be willing to roll up the sleeves to meet business and product deliverables
• Customer-obsessed and detail-oriented
• An unfailing passion and capacity to advocate on behalf of our users.
• Proven experience with rapid, iterative design and development processes
• You bring visual flair and conceptual excellence to the work, inspiring clients and team members to raise the creative bar
• You are passionate about design, technology, advertising, marketing, and are dedicated to keeping pace with it
• You use data and insights to create work that resonates with customers.
Other Related Jobs:
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.