Computer science jobs in Virginia, USA – Apply for Desktop Support Tech Job at HCA Healthcare – Richmond, VA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee?
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
At HCA Healthcare, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medical and childcare needs, participate in our tuition reimbursement program and student loan repayment program.
General Summary Of Duties
Provides maintenance of the computer desktop environment by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions. You will be responsible for administration and internal support of the Company’s PCs, printers and related equipment. A Technology Specialist should be able to operate with a modest amount of management oversite and to complete assigned tasks, prioritize assignments, research and develop updated procedures and be proactive under the guidance of fellow team members and the Technology Specialist 2.
Duties Include But Are Not Limited To
- Provide helpdesk support (Tier 1) and resolve complex problems that have not been able to be solved by the rest of the team to the end user’s satisfaction
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk, quickly review assigned tasks and prioritize them accordingly.
- Monitor Tech Support site for tickets assigned to the queue and distribute the tickets corresponding technician for a quick resolution.
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation; be able to write bat files or vb scripts to automate workstation configurations.
- Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software (ServiceCentral)
- Document internal procedures, to included creating new and updating existing procedures to streamline the processes.
- Ensure each workstation has a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse and any additional specialized equipment
- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses, be able to review and identify errors within the inventory system that have not been entered correctly and remediate the errors.
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software (SCCM)
- Adheres to and supports organizational ITG standards, policies, and procedures.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
, Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency in English
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Working knowledge of MS office suite
- Experience with Avaya/Cisco VOIP systems
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP
- Working knowledge of Desktop and Laptop hardware
COMPETENCIES FOR THE ROLE
- Strong communication skills – Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to ask probing questions and listen to understand and document business needs/issues. Chooses the communication style and tools that are most effective in most circumstances. Communicates clearly and concisely. Able to develop and deliver formal presentations and lead meetings with senior management.
- Continuous Learning- Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application
- Customer Focus – Seeks to understand the customer, creates customer focused practices to prevent issues, and assures customer satisfaction
- Building Partnerships -Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals
- Coaching – Providing timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
- Attention to detail
Associates degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
1-3 years of relevant technical experience
CompTIA A+ preferred
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations. Occasional travel to division data center and/or other facilities may be required.
Parallon’s roots are in the hallways of some of America’s top-performing hospitals. We are committed to bringing the expertise we have gained as operators to help you drive results. In a rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, hospitals and health systems must operate knowledgeably, effectively and efficiently to maintain their core mission of caring for human life in their community.
Parallon is one of the country’s largest premier revenue cycle partners, with more than 16,500 employees serving more than 4,300 hospitals and physician practices. Annually, we collect more than $47.2 billion and interact with 44.1 million patients. Our track record of results is among the best in the industry.
285 hospitals have full-service revenue-cycle partnerships with Parallon, including some of the largest, most successful hospital systems. Others select specific services to meet their revenue cycle needs, tapping into our expertise, scale and model best practices for optimized results in key metrics.
As we move into the future, we continue to invest in technology, people and best practices. We are particularly proud of our work leveraging data science and our initiatives to improve the patient experience.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Principal Operating Systems Programmer Job at Fidelity Investments – Durham, NC
- Senior Knowledge Analyst – TMT Job at Boston Consulting Group (BCG) – Boston, MA
- Technical Project Manager – Remote US Job at NPAworldwide – Monroe, LA Remote
- Landscape Construction Leadman Job at BrightView Landscapes – Houston, TX
- Reconstruction Project Manager Job at Paul Davis USA – Minneapolis–Saint Paul, MN
- Construction & Maintenance Technician IV Job at CenterPoint Energy – Marshall, TX
- Construction Manager – Production Homes Job at Optello – Detroit, MI
- Commercial construction superintendent Job at CyberCoders – Atlanta, GA
- Customer Service – Donor Support Technician Job at CSL Plasma – Lansing, MI
- Customer Service Representative Job at RS&I Inc. – Idaho Falls, ID
See More: 1,000+ Computer science Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit hca.taleo.net.