Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc.
Sustainability jobs in North Carolina, USA – Apply for Director – Sustainability Reporting Jobs at Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc. – Triangle, NC. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
As a mission-driven company, Alexandria is dedicated to improving the health and vitality of our local communities and the world. Our ESG strategy is focused on tacking climate change, catalyzing positive societal change and demonstrating integrity and transparency. Our sustainability mission is to make a positive impact on society by developing and operating efficient and healthy buildings, reducing carbon emissions, mitigating climate risk, and advancing human health and nutrition.
The Director – Sustainability Reporting works within Alexandria’s Sustainability team and collaborates with key internal stakeholders in the design and implementation of Alexandria’s sustainability data management strategy. The role is responsible for the collection, oversight and analysis of data supporting internal and external sustainability reporting requirements. We are open to having this position be located in any of our Alexandria locations.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions, marital status, registered domestic partner status, family-care status, veteran status, military status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law or ordinance.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to advance Alexandria’s sustainability reporting framework
- Build and manage data collection systems that support internal and external reporting requirements, which includes greenhouse gas emissions, energy, water, waste, building certifications and other relevant metrics
- Develop data quality management protocols and manage third-party review of data
- Analyze performance data and develop progress reports
- Manage relationship with Alexandria’s sustainability data management platform provider
- Serve as lead on quantitative environmental sustainability data needed for external reporting and ESG disclosures, including ARE’s ESG report, GRESB, CSA and CDP.
- Monitor advancements in sustainability reporting frameworks to inform further development of Alexandria’s reporting strategy and practices
Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, real estate, energy, sustainability management, environmental affairs, or related field preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with energy, greenhouse gas, water, and waste data collection and analysis, including reading and working with utility bills.
- Experience with greenhouse gas accounting protocols preferred
- Extensive experience working with a real estate company, a public company, an NGO, or similar group, in developing and managing sustainability reporting programs.
- Demonstrated data collection and quality assurance experience
- Experience using and working within company-wide payment or database management systems
- Advanced Excel skills and/or other data analysis programs
- Experience using Energy Star Portfolio Manager a plus
- Understanding of real estate, buildings, and metering/sub-metering systems a plus
- Knowledge of sustainability frameworks such as GRI, SASB, GRESB, CDP and CSA a plus
- Must be detail-oriented and data-driven.
- Independent, analytical thinker and a self-starter.
- Ability to work within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, and communication skills.
- Ability to travel to other Alexandria regional offices at least quarterly, to occasional company meetings and events across the U.S., and to industry conferences and on an as-needed basis.
Other Related Jobs:
- Sustainability Consulting Director National Security Jobs at Guidehouse – Chicago, IL
- Sustainability Disclosure Specialist Jobs at Facebook – New York, NY
- Sustainability Content Writer Jobs at MFS Investment Management – Boston, MA
- Senior Program Manager- Sustainability Consultant Jobs at Schneider Electric – New York
- DEI & Sustainability Intern Jobs at Rich Products Corporation – Buffalo, NY
- Sustainability Analyst Jobs at Clayco – Greater St. Louis
- Substitute Teachers Needed for Springfield S.D. Jobs at Kelly – Springfield, PA
- Substitute Teacher Jobs at Kokua Education – Greater Philadelphia
- Unit Secretary ER Per Diem Days Jobs at Tenet Healthcare – Goodyear, AZ
- Unit Secretary Jobs at Kindred Rehabilitation – Clive, IA
See More: 1,000+ Sustainability Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
Link to Apply
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.