Amazon Data Services, Inc.
Amazon jobs in Virginia, United States. – Apply for Electrical/Telecom BIM Designer Amazon Jobs – Herndon Area, VA. See the descriptions, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1617382
Job Title: Electrical/Telecom BIM Designer
Are you an experienced Electrical/Telecom designer with a passion for BIM? Are you a creative, smart and driven individual that enjoys working with complex projects within a team environment? If this is you, we want YOU on our team!
You will be a part of highly creative and efficient MEP BIM team, tasked with designing challenging and complex projects with innovative solutions for Amazon owned Data Center facilities. You will provide support to our Central Engineering Team through the preparation of Electrical & Information Communications Technology (ICT = Telecom) BIM models, construction documents and leveraging BIM data. You will influence Data Center design documents for: One-lines, Switchgear, UPS, Panelboards, Transformers, Power, Lighting, Lighting Control Systems, Fire Alarm systems, Cable tray and Cable pathways for Ethernet and fiber systems. You will produce, maintain and publish permit Electrical & Telecom Engineering drawing sets for our fleet of Data Centers.
Amazon’s Data Centers are industry leading examples of innovation in the areas of space utilization, energy efficiency, and cost effectiveness. We are known for our speed to market and reliability. We are part of the US team responsible for the design and operation of critical industry leading Data Center facilities throughout North & South America. Our Design Team is on the forefront of creating and delivering the most innovative products to our customers; and are known for being a diverse and upbeat team that is changing the face of Cloud Computing. We continue to grow and are looking for individuals that can support our speed to market, enjoy a challenge, and have a desire for professional growth and continuous learning. Amazon’s work environment is unique in every aspect and offers an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate. At Amazon we do highly support continued learning opportunities and focus on continued employee development.
Daily responsibilities will include designing the Mechanical and Plumbing systems of Data Centers, and utilizing Revit to create and maintain BIM models. You must be able to work independently with occasional guidance and work within a team environment to accomplish assigned tasks. This includes working with internal groups as well as external suppliers and consultants, manufacturers, vendors, and contractors. Your duties will include:
· Be self-motivated and work within the MEP group as well as within other teams.
· Preparing and developing detailed Revit models of Electrical & Telecom building systems.
· Developing & publishing construction documentation for Electrical & Telecom building systems designs in a fast-paced environment to meet scheduled deliverables.
· Updating and modifying existing models and construction documents as required.
· Assist with creating and maintaining standard regional BIM templates.
· Participate in design coordination meetings with other trades for clash detection and resolution.
· Work on concurrent projects in multiple geographical locations.
· Assist the project team with information exchange processes between internal and external customers.
· Provide coordination support for information requests during construction phases.
· Recording and reporting of key metrics to management.
· Travel to Data Center sites for Engineering evaluations and surveys as required. On Average once or twice a year.
· Be positive and always offer creative, out of the box solutions.
· Have fun and work hard!
· 3+ years of design/engineering experience of Electrical & Telecom building systems for mission critical facilities.
· 2+ years’ experience using Revit for producing Electrical & Telecom engineering BIM models and construction drawings.
· Practical knowledge and understanding of Electrical & Telecom codes and safety regulations.
· Practical knowledge of BICSI standards
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
· Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD)
· BICSI member
· Practical knowledge of BICSI standards, specifically BICSI TDMM AND BICSI-002 DATA CENTER STANDARDS
· Experience directly related to Data Center design and construction.
· Experience and knowledge applying Lean principals to design modeling and drawing production.
· Experience with developing Revit Family content.
· Use of the following software tools: AutoCAD, Navisworks, Bluebeam, Dynamo, RF Tools, CTC Tools and Procore.
· Familiarity with the BIMForum LOD Specification, plus AIA and NBIMS standards and best practices for BIM collaboration.
· Experience observing construction, familiar with construction technology, familiar with construction practices.
· Experience driving a team to implement new BIM tools, procedures, best practices.
· Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and maintain high working standards.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s Leadership Principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s Functional/Technical depth and complexity for this role.
- Customer Connection Program Senior Specialist Amazon Jobs – Arlington Area, VA
- Sr. Technical Program Manager Amazon Jobs – Sunnyvale, California
- Business Development Manager – Amazon Locker / Pick-Up Amazon Jobs – Bellevue, Washington
- Account Executive Amazon Jobs – New York Area, NY
- Senior Product Manager – Automotive, Amazon Music Amazon Jobs – Atlanta, Georgia
- Senior Program Manager, Program Management, Finance Operations Business Partnership Amazon Jobs – Arlington Area, VA
- Senior Applied Scientist – Machine Learning Amazon Jobs – New York Area, NY
- Project Manager Amazon Jobs – Hawthorne, CA.
- System Development Engineer II Amazon Jobs – Sunnyvale, California
- Principal Design Technologist Amazon Jos – Seattle, Washington
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.