Mission Technologies, a division of HII
Electrician jobs in Virginia, USA – Apply for Electrician Mastertradesperson 4 (7447) Jobs at Mission Technologies, a division of HII – Newport News, VA (On-site). See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Required Travel: 0 – 10%
Employment Type: Full Time/Hourly/Non-Exempt
Hours Per Week: 40
Security Clearance: Confidential
Level of Experience: Mid
Who We Are
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Fleet Support Sustainment Division (FSS). As a an experience Electrician at HII you will provide task support by troubleshooting motor control and control circuits at the Newport News Shipyard!
What You Will Do
- Master understanding of production and processes.
- Responsible for interfacing with customers, managing subcontractors and ability to provide work direction to others.
- May provide direction and lead others.
- May manage one or more multiple jobs. Completes comprehension of specialty trades functions and tools.
- Performs a variety of complicated and non-routine tasks.
- Develops and uses technical documents including controlled work packages, formal work processes and procedures, test documents, reports and task or trip reports.
- Schedules, reports and briefs customers and senior management.
- May perform quality inspections on finished product.
- Performs duties outside of specialty in order to complete installation or work assignment.
What You Must Have
- High School education, or Trade School or equivalent, and 6 years of related experience.
- Prefer technical/professional certifications.
- Must provide own hand tools as designated per trades specialty.
- Must be able to read and understand the use of precision measuring tools.
- Must be able to interpret schematics, blueprints and drawings.
- Must be able to identify system and component location based on ships structure.
- Must be proficient in the use of meters and test equipment.
- Must have troubleshooting experience in motor controllers and control circuits.
Bonus Points For Having
- Experience in identifying system and components based on ship structure
- Experienced working in motor control and control circuits
Must be able to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs. Able to work on and climb ladders, work in extreme temperature environments, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces. Able to perform other duties as required which may involve high heat, humidity, noise and dirty conditions, working aloft or over the sides of vessels. May ride ships at sea for extended periods. May require wearing a respirator. Travel may be required within and outside of the continental United States.
This opportunity resides with Fleet Sustainment, a business group within HII’s Mission Technologies division. For 40 years, the U.S. Navy has entrusted HII to maintain and modernize the vast majority of its fleet. From small watercraft to submarines, combatants and aircraft carriers, our systems and maintenance experts help the Navy maintain a high state of readiness. And, we deploy with the most advanced technology and capability available.
HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII’s skilled workforce is 44,000 strong. For more information, please visit: hii.com.
HII is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Diagnostic Electrician – Smelter Jobs at Freeport-McMoRan – Miami, AZ (On-site)
- Electrician Technician Jobs at Apex Systems – Norfolk, VA (On-site)
- Electrician Jobs at U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs – Erie, PA (On-site)
- Electrician [3RD SHIFT, NEW WAGE RATES INCLUDED] Jobs at Atkore – Wayne, MI (On-site)
- Electrician Helper Jobs at Wood – Lexington, KY (On-site)
- Electrician Jobs at The Kraft Heinz Company – Lowville, NY (On-site)
- Commercial Electrician Jobs at Aerotek – Melrose Park, IL (On-site)
- Electricians Jobs at Aerotek – Rosemont, IL (On-site)
- Electrician Apprentice Jobs at Authority Brands – Denver, CO (On-site)
- Electrician Apprentice Jobs at Carmeuse – Battletown, KY (On-site)
See More: 1,000+ Electrician Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit career4.successfactors.com.