Amazon Kuiper Manufacturing
Amazon jobs in California, United States – Apply for Embedded Software Development Engineer, Platform Software System engineering Amazon Jobs – San Diego, CA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 2292411
Job Title: Embedded Software Development Engineer.
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband internet connectivity to un-served and under-served communities around the world. In this role, you will be bringing that vision to life by architecting, developing and testing the low level communication systems payload software and Firmware that provides the radio link connectivity between the satellites to customer-terminals.
Key job responsibilities
In this role, you will drive the design, development, and operation of a variety of key functions such as commanding, telemetry, power control, hardware interfaces, and autonomous capabilities for each satellite throughout its lifetime – from launch to de-orbit.
In this role, you will:
- Own unique embedded software functions through design, implementation (in C, C++, RUST or other), test, and integration in an embedded Linux or real-time operating system (RTOS) environment.
- Write software to interact with devices/electronics using I2C, I3C, SPI, RS-422, RS-485, Ethernet, etc. communications.
- Work closely with silicon and hardware teams to support custom silicon chip and board design, bring-up, and verification, as well as integration and test.
- Follow best practices in high reliability embedded software development to ensure high levels of reliability and availability.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
A day in the life
Come work at Amazon! We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in space-based systems design. Come help us solve the difficult and rewarding development challenges in building highly reliable, power efficient and low-cost satellite avionics and communication systems payload!
About the team
Our team tackles many critical satellite payload functions including payload power management, hardware interfaces, command & telemetry, operational state management, thermal management, resiliency and redundancy, hardware and software integration. We are looking for an outstanding software engineer to participate in all phases of software development from requirements through implementation and test to operations.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience in delivering software in a production environment.
- Experience developing embedded, real-time software in assembly, C, C++ required.
- Experience in designing, developing and testing embedded software in C/C++ for high-reliability applications (satellite avionics, mission critical systems, communication systems, industrial control, automotive, medical devices etc.).
- Knowledge/experience of board bring up, BSP development, OS/driver level software development and debugging.
- Knowledge/experience with telecommunications, data communications (routers and switches), Layer 1 of communications protocol stack , RF and Antenna systems experience will be a plus, but not required.
- Software Development Engineer, Books Ads Amazon Jobs – Culver City, CA
- Front End Engineer Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- Business Analyst, FinOps Services Amazon Jobs – Arlington, VA
- Senior Data Scientist, People eXperience and Technology Central Science Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- Data Center Technician Amazon Jobs – Jessup, MD
- Sr Logistics Manager – eero Amazon Jobs – San Francisco, CA
- Sr. Program Manager, Strategy and Planning, Abuse Prevention Amazon Jobs – San Diego, CA
- Sr. Program Manager, Selling Partner Risk Amazon Jobs – Tempe, AZ
- Construction Project Manager Amazon Jobs – Herndon, VA
- Sr. Technical Program Manager, AWS Elastic Load Balancing Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.