Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in California, United States. – Apply for Embedded Software Engineer Amazon Jobs – Sunnyvale, California. See the description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1644705
Job Title: Embedded Software Engineer.
Echo Frames is Amazon’s first prescription-ready smart glasses. The vision of the product is to allow our customers to bring the magic of Alexa on-the-go, to get more done and be more present. The team is focused on bringing technology and design into a form that is familiar to millions of glasses wearers, in a way that has never been done by any other company before. If you are excited about pushing the envelope and developing brand new experiences for consumers, we would love to meet you.
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Embedded Software Engineer to join an exciting cross-functional team. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of a highly innovative, cutting edge product used every day, by people you know. At Amazon we have a fast paced, highly collaborative environment. To be successful you must be flexible and entrepreneurial. You are a true owner – you are passionate about the business and drive to optimize and improve our business processes, remove bottlenecks and friction, and allow the business to move at a fast pace. You will collaborate with UX designers, product managers, technical program managers, and partner teams. You are comfortable with the ambiguity associated with a brand new product and are willing to develop quick proof of concepts, iterate and improve. You create extendable design and easy to maintain solutions with the long term in mind.
In this role, you will:
· Contribute to the software architecture of new products
· Be responsible for development of new features for embedded systems
· Investigate, prototype and deliver new and innovative system solutions
· Design, develop and verify software for embedded systems
· Participate in design reviews, API development, and documentation
· Work with new technologies that are vital to product development
· Deliver investigation plans and reports, architectural documents, design specs, software and firmware source code, build scripts
· Perform tasks including debug, bring-up, Beta and production software development
· Successfully collaborate with both software and hardware product teams
Inclusive Team Culture:
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about how you bring energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
· 4+ years of experience as an embedded software / firmware engineer
· 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Experience in one or more of these areas: cameras, sensors, touch, WiFi, LTE WAN, bluetooth, algorithm development, system architecture
· Experience in embedded software design, development and debugging
· Experience in coding in C/C++
· Experience with RTOS or Embedded Linux
· System level integration experience including open source packages
· Experience in Computer Science fundamentals: object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Experience with Linux development environments
· PCB level experience
· Strong debugging/trouble-shooting skills of embedded systems
· Expertise with Linux kernel and application software development
· Experience with real time debugging tools (software and hardware)
· Knowledge in serial interface protocols like I2C, SPI and MIPI
· Experience with at least one scripting language
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Other Related Jobs:
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.