State of Georgia
EMT jobs in Georgia, USA – Apply for EMT Instructor Jobs at State of Georgia – Union, GA (On-site) . See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Apply for Job Share this Job Sign Up for Job Alerts
North Georgia Technical College is seeking a part-time/adjunct instructor for the Paramedic/EMT program. The instructor will provide theory and practical instruction to a level sufficient for students to develop the skills necessary to become employed in their chosen profession. This position will have teaching duties at the Blairsville campus. Duties include a flexible schedule of lecture, student advisement and registration, which may involve split teaching shifts. This position requires the supervision of students during patient care. Only on-campus opportunities are available at this time.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Under general supervision demonstrates the use of appropriate teaching techniques, testing, and grading procedures, to include proper maintenance of grade books and any other appropriate record keeping required.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of current procedures in the Paramedic/EMT field and demonstrate the effective use of oral and written communication skills.
- Follows approved course syllabus.
- Monitors students’ use of supplies, materials, and equipment, and ensures safety and security requirements are met in the training area.
- Advises and counsels students and maintains appropriate advisement records on each student.
- Attends meetings as required and appropriate.
- Maintains current knowledge of trends and developments in the field by attending staff development training, workshops, seminars and conferences.
- Maintains qualifications for employment as described by the Technical College System of Georgia Policy Manual.
- Follows rules and regulations as described by the Technical College System of Georgia and other policies and procedures established by Savannah Technical College.
- Will teach both didactic, psychomotor and clinical courses as assigned and perform other assignments required by accreditation.
- Must be currently certified as a Georgia AEMT or Paramedic.
- Must be currently certified as a Licensed Georgia Level II (Level III preferred) EMS Instructor.
- Must have two (2) years’ work experience within the last three (3) years as an AEMT or Paramedic and/or teaching. Previous teaching experience preferred.
- Current certification as an American Heart Association or American Red Cross Basic Life Support Instructor preferred but not required.
- ACLS/PALS and PHTLS instructor certification preferred but not required.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and required insurability.
- Must possess skill in oral and written communication.
- Must possess basic computer skills to include, but not limited to, word; excel; power point; and email.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills to deal professionally with North Georgia Tech employees, students, and visitors.
Physical Demands – Health Sciences – job requires classroom, laboratory and clinical responsibilities: Teaching responsibilities are typically performed in a classroom/lab environment with the employee intermittently sitting, standing, walking, bending, pushing, and pulling for three (3) – four (4) continuous hours at a time. The employee frequently lifts/carries objects that weigh 10lbs. or less. Clinical responsibilities are typically performed in a hospital, long term care facility, or other medical facilities, and require that the employee stand or walk for seven (7) – eight (8) hours; bend, twist, push/and or pull for three (3) – four (4) hours; and occasionally lift 50lbs. to 75 lbs. per rotation. The exposure to infectious diseases, gas, or fumes is possible during clinical rotations.
Salary is commensurate with education and work experience. To apply, submit an application, current resume, names and contact information of two professional references, transcripts from all colleges attended and copies of licenses/certifications pertaining to the position. A Criminal History Report and Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) are required for the recommended candidate .As set forth in its student catalog, North Georgia Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Dr.S. Vinson Burdette, VP for Student Affairs, Title IX Coordinator, P. O. Box 65, Clarkesville GA 30523, or call 706-754-7711, or e-mail email@example.com ; or Kay Morgan, Special Services Coordinator, P. O. Box 65, Clarkesville GA 30523, or call 706-754-7728, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .For information about North Georgia Technical College please visit https://northgatech.eduNGTC is EOE Additional Information
- Agency Logo:
- Requisition ID: EDU0612
- Number of Openings: 1
- Advertised Salary: LUMP SUM
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- EMT/Safety Tech – LOCALS ONLY Jobs at Total Safety – California, MD (On-site)
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) – Emergency Department (ED) – Per Diem Jobs at HealthTrust Workforce Solutions – Smyrna, TN (On-site)
- EMT Paramedic – Imaging Services Jobs at Houston Methodist – Sugar Land, TX (On-site)
- Travel EMT Jobs at Aya Healthcare – Trenton, NJ (On-site)
- EMT Paramedic Evenings Emergency Services Jobs at Houston Methodist – Houston, TX (On-site)
- EMT Security Officer – Chemical Plant Jobs at Allied Universal – Pace, FL (On-site)
- EMT, Paramedic or LPN – Worksite Clinic Manager Jobs at Medcor – La Grange, IL (On-site)
- EMT Paramedic LVN Mobile Injury Response Technician Jobs at On-Site Health & Safety – San Francisco, CA (On-site)
- Travel EMT Jobs at Aya Healthcare – Minneapolis, MN (On-site)
- EMT/Medic- $400 SIGN ON BONUS Jobs at Merlin Entertainments – Carlsbad, CA (On-site)
See More: 1,000+ EMT Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit careers.georgia.gov.