Entry Level Mechanical Engineering Jobs in Michigan, USA – Apply for Entry Level – Maintenance Group Leader – Stamping Operations Jobs at General Motors – Pontiac, MI. See job description, responsibilities and link to apply.
Job Position: Manufacturing – Entry Level – Maintenance Group Leader – Stamping Operations – MAN0031059
We’re dedicated to achieving our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion. We are looking for people who are passionate about helping us create safer, better and more sustainable solutions for personal mobility. Our bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Join Us?
Our culture focuses on building diverse and inclusive teams, where we embrace differences and unique perspectives, so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open workspaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire innovation, productivity and flexible collaboration. We are proud to support our employees through competitive benefit offerings and beyond through giving back to our communities.
Responsible for the supervision of GM-UAW skilled trades employees supporting stamping operations. Potential opening may be on any shift and may require overtime as needed.
- Manage a group of mechanical and electrical trades who are responsible for supporting production, preforming repairs and doing project work.
- Manage timekeeping for GM-UAW trades
- Lead the Troubleshooting and repair of complex machinery and presses
- Plan maintenance activities.
- Support or lead Throughput Improvement Process (TIP) and Continuous Improvement Process activities.
- Develop standardized work for press repairs and maintenance work.
- Communicates and coordinates information to and from internal and external customers.
- Setup Spare parts and order material as needed.
- Develop and implement safety pre-task plans.
- Support Work Place Safety Systems.
- Understand and participate in the implementation of GMS
- Understand and work with the UAW
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Preferred graduation date: Spring 2019, Fall 2019
- Able to work fulltime, 40 hours per week
- Understanding of complex engineering theory and principles of mechanical and electrical mechanisms
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player, consensus builder, and problem solver
- Ability to manage UAW skilled trades
- Ability to work under pressure in a production environment
- Work experience in Stamping operations.
- Experience with Transfer, Tandem and Progressive Press.
- Ability to read, understand and troubleshoot electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic prints and equipment.
- Experience working in a UAW environment
- Proficient in SAP/procuring parts
- Experience using Maximo
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
- Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing
- Information Technology & Services
- Quality Assurance
Link to Apply
See More: 1,000+ Entry Level Mechanical Engineering Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
To apply for this job please visit search-careers.gm.com.