Fedex jobs in Oregon, USA – Apply for Environmental Compliance Specialist I /Senior Jobs at FedEx Ground – Troutdale, Oregon. See job descriptions, requirements, and the link to apply.
Position Type: Full time
Employee Type: Exempt
Oversees and supports legal and regulatory environmental compliance by administering related programs, projects and functions, as well as by providing technical and training support to field operations. Serves as a knowledge resource to other environmental compliance specialists and field operations personnel. Coordinates and provides oversight to contracted environmental consultants and vendors.
• Implements and monitors environmental compliance programs for an established territory working closely with other compliance specialists to support regional compliance programs. Programs may include, but are not limited to, stormwater, wastewater, hazardous materials, hazardous waste, air quality, above and/or below ground storage tanks, environmental due diligence, and other associated programs. • Travels routinely to conduct station audits within an established territory and works with station management to create action plans to resolve identified issues. • Travels routinely, and sometimes on short notice, to assist station management including, but not limited to, preparation for regulatory audits and inspections, regulatory violation response, spill response, training, community complaints, general compliance support, etc. • Coordinates and communicates with internal and external customers, vendors, and local, state, and federal agencies. • Oversees the process of preparing and submitting environmental permit applications to state, local, or federal agencies. • Works with vendors and consultants as needed for compliance needs. Tasks include establishing scope of work, preparing project specifications, obtaining bids, submitting for budget approvals, reviewing, awarding, administering contracts, and monitoring contract spend. • Provides guidance and direction to station management with the operation and maintenance of environmental related equipment, systems and controls. • Serves as a hazardous materials resource to station operations implementing internal policies and procedures. • Evaluates environmental assessments of property acquisitions; reports observations, conclusions, and recommendations to all levels of company management as needed. • Support station management on tasks associated with the corporate internal auditing process.
• Bachelor’s degree in an environmental science, policy, compliance, or related field required.
Three (3) years’ experience required in environmental compliance including direct experience with at least one of the following regulatory programs: stormwater, wastewater, hazardous materials, hazardous waste, air quality, aboveground and below ground storage tanks, environmental due diligence and/or other associated programs (e.g. RCRA, CERCLA, DOT, etc.)
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Familiarity with Federal and State environmental regulations related to stormwater, wastewater, hazardous materials, hazardous waste, air quality, aboveground and below ground storage tanks, environmental due diligence and/or other associated programs (e.g. RCRA, CERCLA, DOT, etc.) • Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications. • Verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information. • Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals. • Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day functional needs. • Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions. • Ability to troubleshoot issues, manage resources, and develop solutions. • Ability to mentor, coach and act as a knowledge resource to other employees. • Knowledge of concepts, practices, policies and procedures used in field operations • Knowledge of concepts, practices, policies, and procedures related to environmental compliance laws and regulations preferred.
Other Job Description Information
Preference is for this position to be domiciled in the Portland Metro area as overnight travel is required within this geographical area.
% of Travel for the Position: 25-50%
Address: 2460 N.W. Sundial Road
Zip Code: 97060
Domicile Location: FXG-US/USA/P972/Portland Hub
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce
Search Engine Description: Legal/Regulatory
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Ops Manager – Station Jobs at FedEx Ground – Middletown, Pennsylvania
- Operations Administrator I – MySchedule Jobs at FedEx Ground – Wayne, New Jersey
- P&D Manager Jobs at FedEx Ground – West Palm Beach, Florida
- COURIER, SWING, DOT Jobs at FedEx Express – Boston, Massachusetts
- FULL TIME Courier Driver Jobs at FedEx Express – Durham, North Carolina
- Warehouse Package Handler Jobs at FedEx Ground – Lewisberry, Pennsylvania
- Ocean Import Forwarding Agent Jobs at FedEx Logistics – Houston, Texas
- Operations Admin I Jobs at FedEx Ground – Blasdell, New York
- Warehouse Package Handler Jobs at FedEx Ground – San Leandro, California
- Maintenance Technician Trainee Jobs at FedEx Ground – Charlotte, North Carolina
See More: 1,000+ FedEx jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit careers.fedex.com.