Hospital cleaning jobs in Utah, USA – Apply for Environmental Services Supervisor II / Hospital cleaning Jobs at Intermountain Healthcare – Mount Pleasant, UT. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Directs staff in maintaining the standards of cleanliness, sanitation, and appearance as established by the hospital in accordance with hospital and Joint Commission standards. Responsible to keep management informed on the immediate condition of all areas. Responsible to coordinate and motivate employees to ensure that assignments and designated cleaning tasks are completed in a proper and timely manner. Provides new employee orientation and supports Coordinators and Leads with training needs. The incumbent acts in the place of management as needed.Job Essentials
- Creates schedules and manages staffing. Effectively prioritizes daily and weekly assignments to ensure the proper cleaning of hospital rooms, offices, public areas, and other areas.
- Appropriately handles and/or directs staff in the proper methods of handling atypical or emergency cleaning situations (such as broken glass, blood, and urine) to ensure sanitation and safety for patients, guests, and employees.
- Inspects employee work by conducting frequent quality control inspections to ensure a safe, clean, sanitary and attractive environment on an ongoing basis.
- Performs effective rounds as appropriate in assigned areas.
- Inspects hospital furnishings and housekeeping equipment on an ongoing basis to ensure that it is functional. Reports problems with equipment and facility in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Coordinates new employee orientation and ongoing employee training – including proper cleaning techniques, appropriate use of chemicals, policy and procedures, safety, and standard precautions.
- Appropriately applies Human Resource policies and manages employee attendance, staffing, breaks, and other compliance issues.
- Handles complex employee counseling, evaluations, and rewards and recognition of staff. Documents actions as appropriate. Notifies management when significant disciplinary action or termination is needed. Coordinates interview process.
- Proactively improves operations and overcomes problems.
- Represents department and participates on committees.
- Effectively utilizes staff and resources to maximize cost benefit to facility.
- Provides cleaning duties as needed based on staffing, patient loads, and time constraints.
- Provides backup on management and operational needs.
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively including: read color coded labels and chemicals and ability to follow written and verbal directions
– and –
Ability to work a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of the department
– and –
Must be able to function independently
– and –
Excellent customer service skills
– and –
Basic computer proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets and email
– and –
Two years leadership experience
Associate degree obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
IEHA (International Executive Housekeeping Association) or CHESP (Certified Healthcare Environmental Services) certification
Professional housekeeping experience
Carrying, Climbing, Crawling, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Speaking, Squatting/Kneeling, Standing, Walking
Sanpete Valley Hospital
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Housekeeper Generalist / Hospital cleaning Jobs at Akron Children’s Hospital – Akron, OH
- Environmental Support Associate Jobs at MedStar Health – Baltimore, MD
- Housekeeper Mercy Health – St. Joseph- Youngstown PT Jobs at Mercy Health – Youngstown, OH
- Housekeeper – Oconomowoc – 10:30 AM – 7:00 PM+ Shift Differential Jobs at ProHealth Care –
- Janitor/ Housekeeper Jobs at FAR Government, Inc. – Fargo, ND
- HOUSEKEEPER (FT NIGHTS) SPRING VALLEY HOSPITAL Jobs at UHS – Las Vegas, NV
- VA Medical Center Janitor Jobs at Sanford Federal – Sioux Falls, SD
- Receptionist Jobs at Legacy Healthcare LLC – Bloomingdale, IL
- Receptionist Jobs at The Grand Healthcare System – Valatie, NY
- Weekend Receptionist Jobs at RegalCare at Southport – Fairfield, PA
See More: 1,000+ Hospital cleaning Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.