Hospital cleaning jobs in Maryland, USA – Apply for Environmental Support Associate Jobs at MedStar Health – Baltimore, MD. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
- Job Summary
- Performs a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, offices, hallways, and other assigned areas of the hospital and satellite locations.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Ability to read, write, and perform arithmetic calculations.
- No experience required.
- No special certification, registration or license required.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills preferred.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Changes and hangs drapes, curtains, and cubicle curtains.
- Cleans and disinfects furniture and equipment, wheelchairs, shower chairs, over-bed stands, etc.
- Cleans locker rooms, toilets, rest rooms, and washrooms; replenishes soap, towels, and toilet tissues.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Dusts, cleans, scrubs, disinfects, and/or polishes furniture, walls, woodwork, window sills, fans, vents, Venetian blinds, radiators, air conditioners, mirrors, lamps, tiles, equipment, and bathrooms. Cleans windows, door frames, and high areas using a ladder as needed.
- Gathers and disposes of soiled linen, trash, and waste materials and replaces trash can liners. Responds to requests for cleanup of spills and special problems.
- Maintains effective infection control through proper cleaning and sanitizing; follows specific cleaning procedures as directed. Obeys hazard warning signs.
- Maintains equipment in good working condition through proper and routine preventive maintenance. Receives and uses supplies in a proper manner. Reports hazardous or malfunctioning equipment immediately.
- Notes and reports dripping faucets, plugged drains and toilets, broken windows or frames, etc.
- Participates in meetings and on committees and represents the department and hospital in community outreach efforts as required, and service improvement teams.
- Performs discharge cleaning procedures of patient and resident rooms and prepares room for new occupant; follows isolation procedures in isolation rooms.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs routine daily cleaning tasks including resident rooms, nursing stations, hallways, public access areas, activity and day rooms, and staff and utility rooms.
- Sets up chairs and tables for conferences, classes, and special events and folds and stores them after events. Moves, removes, and relocates furniture, furnishings, equipment, and other heavy objects as required. Moves large items in and out of storage.
- Utilizes scrubbers, buffers, mechanical floor cleaners, wet vacs, polishers, vacuums and mops to clean floors, halls, stairways, and public areas. Buffs, strips, waxes, and polishes floors. Vacuums and shampoos furniture and carpets.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Housekeeper Mercy Health – St. Joseph- Youngstown PT Jobs at Mercy Health – Youngstown, OH
- Housekeeper – Oconomowoc – 10:30 AM – 7:00 PM+ Shift Differential Jobs at ProHealth Care –
- Janitor/ Housekeeper Jobs at FAR Government, Inc. – Fargo, ND
- HOUSEKEEPER (FT NIGHTS) SPRING VALLEY HOSPITAL Jobs at UHS – Las Vegas, NV
- VA Medical Center Janitor Jobs at Sanford Federal – Sioux Falls, SD
- Receptionist Jobs at Legacy Healthcare LLC – Bloomingdale, IL
- Receptionist Jobs at The Grand Healthcare System – Valatie, NY
- Weekend Receptionist Jobs at RegalCare at Southport – Fairfield, PA
- Office Assistant Receptionist Jobs at Virtual IT Group, LLC – Brandon, FL
- Office Clerk/Receptionist Jobs at D&G Graphics. – United States
See More: 1,000+ Hospital cleaning Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit careers.medstarhealth.org.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.