Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in Washington State, United States – Apply for Failure Analysis Engineer – Seattle Product Integrity Center of Excellence (SPICE) Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1888828
Job Title: Failure Analysis Engineer.
SPICE lab (a Seattle-based branch of Amazon’s Lab126 subsidiary) is a research and development group which partners with Amazon’s most ambitious organizations to invent cutting-edge technology. SPICE lab was founded in 2017 and supports Amazon’s growing portfolio of hardware programs including Kuiper, Prime Air, Amazon Go, Lab126 and others. We are committed to building reliable next-generation technology with global impact. If you are passionate about building the future and want to take part in developing ideas from concept to production, consider joining the SPICE lab team!
The Role: As a Failure Analysis Lab Engineer, you will be responsible for conducting technical lab work which supports prototype failure analysis and materials development investigations. You will develop and execute SOPs focused on producing world-class analysis outcomes in the areas of sample preparation and physical/chemical characterization. A majority of time will be spent in a lab environment, so enthusiasm for hands-on work and developing lab procedures is important. You will provide technical support for materials and failure analysis investigations with the goal of driving design and manufacturing improvements. To enable this, you will be an expert in the following:
· Mechanical cross sectioning and associated sample preparation
· X-ray inspection methods (2D and computed tomography)
· Optical inspection methods and measurements
· Lab equipment maintenance
This position may include up to 10% international and domestic travel.
Export Control Requirement
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
· 1+ years’ related work experience as lab technician or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 3+ years’ related work experience
· Experience with advanced materials and failure analysis techniques. Examples include X-ray, SEM/EDX, mechanical test, dye and pry, hardness testing, and 3D surface profiling
· Experience with failure analysis methodology to derive a root-cause diagnosis of failure
· Experience in performing bulk materials or electronics cross sections with associated physical/chemical measurements
· Experience with lab safety best-practices
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 7+ years’ work experience as a lab technician
· Excellent written/communication skills
· Experience writing SOP documents and lab reports
· Willingness to independently troubleshoot and maintain scientific equipment, engaging equipment manufacturers when necessary for support
· Experience in an aerospace-related lab environment
· Experience with X-ray inspection (2D and computed tomography) with associated measurement software (VGSTUDIO or similar)
· Experience with 3D CAD software (Solidworks or similar) and 3D printing for prototype fixtures.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Software Development Manager, AWS SageMaker Canvas Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Enterprise Account Engineer III – 59775-2 Amazon Jobs – San Diego, California
- Enterprise Account Engineer III – 64019-2 Amazon Jobs – Portland, Oregon
- Cloud Support Engineer II (Linux) – 63424-2 Amazon Jobs – Portland, Oregon
- Cloud Support Engineer II (SCD, NET, SEC) – 59877-2 Amazon Jobs – Dallas/Fort Worth Area, TX
- Software Development Engineer II – 63647-2 Amazon Jobs – Boston/Cambridge Area, MA
- Cloud Support Engineer II (DBA, ANA, BD) – 66152-2 Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Enterprise Account Engineer III – 59692-2 Amazon Jobs – Arlington Area, VA
- Area Manager, Delivery Operations , RSR Amazon Jobs – Abilene, TX
- Lead, On Road Delivery Operations, RSR Amazon Jobs – Abilene, TX
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.