Great Pay. Great Benefits. Great People.
Join our Smithfield Family and be a part of our more than 63,000 employees working across 32 U.S. states and eight countries. We offer great opportunities for growth and advancement, academic scholarships and one of the best safety records in the industry.
We’re looking for motivated people who want to join our team and grow lasting and meaningful careers with us. We offer plenty of opportunities in multiple locations. That means greater flexibility for you and your family to become part of helping us produce “Good food. Responsibly.®”
Our team members receive industry-leading wages and are eligible for great benefits packages:
- Feed Logistics Specialist $17.00/ Hour
- Comprehensive Health Insurance, Retirement Benefits and More
- must meet program eligibility for payout
Learn about our great benefits and find the position that’s right for you at Smithfield.
Join our family today. Apply Now!
The Feed Logistics Specialist utilizes dispatching, routing tool and efficient telephone skills to provide excellent customer service and delivery of feed to customers. Loads feed trailers and coordinates logistics for appropriate feed delivery to customers. Point of contact with toll mill process. Communicates and collaborates with transportation maintenance to schedule vehicle maintenance and cleaning.
- Communicate with mill staff to make the necessary adjustments for their growers and sites
- Complete Feed Loading process computer program and written paperwork daily
- Review sequencing documentation
- Maintain drivers’ work alone policy documentation
- Generate master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping schedule
- Study changing traffic situations and schedules for efficient feed distribution at the (feed and toll) mills
- Determine number of vehicles and loads to be hauled, assigns vehicle operators to loads.
- Utilize ABC scheduling method to review, consolidate, approve, and submit driver sheet
- Prepare and communicate schedules indicating times of arrival and departure of vehicles during assigned shift
- Establish emergency and regular routes according to weather and/or other hazards, is conscious of road restrictions and routing trucks accordingly
- Prepare drafts of future schedules, maximize efficiencies of revised schedules
- Troubleshoot and expedite operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions
- Assign loads to maximize availability of trucks/trailers needing service/wash; ensure drivers are aware of maintenance/wash schedules.
- Coordinate and communicate daily recovery schedule
- Transaction processing of pickup and recovery
- Monitor and respond to feed error reports
- Monitor orders and coordinate with recovery schedule
- Complete feed inventory analysis daily; work in conjunction with batching operator
- Maintain housekeeping of load out and scale areas per OSHA standards
- Schedule coordination with other Logistics Specialists
- Sample feed as required per schedule
- Follow Company and OSHA safety standards
- Responsible for following all environmental laws and procedures to which Smithfield subscribes
- Report all environmental issues immediately to their supervisor
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures/instructions in the performance of any and all areas for which he/she is responsible
- Ensure all daily paperwork is completed accurately and legibly
- Will be responsible for understanding and complying with company EMS policies and procedures in the performance of their job duties
- Read and understand the company’s emergency notification process and will be responsible for reviewing that policy at their work site
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED, required.
- Current Driver’s License and acceptable driving record to drive company vehicle
- Knowledge of computers and ability to learn and effectively use the computer programs associated with this position
- Ability to acquire Powered Industrial Vehicle license
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to operate the office phone/communications system
- Phone etiquette and customer service skills; effective communication with drivers and customers
- Must be able to work shift(s) and be on call as assigned by supervisor
- Must understand that Smithfield is a producer of high-quality pork for human consumption
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and vibration.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and risk of radiation.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
Careers And Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits .
More than 63,000 employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn’t just a job – it’s the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That’s why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 43,000 U.S. team members and 16,000 European employees are dedicated to producing “Good food. Responsibly. ® ” and have made us one of the world’s leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030. We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield ® , Eckrich ® and Nathan’s Famous ® , among many others. For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com , and connect with us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn and Instagram .
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Dispatcher Jobs at CalPortland – Seattle, WA (On-site)
- Dispatcher-DOI Jobs at Centerra Group – Washington, DC (On-site)
- Dispatcher Jobs at Advance Auto Parts – Houston, TX
- Dispatcher Jobs at IAA – New Philadelphia, OH (On-site)
- Dispatcher Jobs at Diebold Nixdorf – Hudson, OH (On-site)
- Dispatcher Jobs at Robert Half – Meridian, ID
- Customer Service Representative and Dispatcher Job at Aire Serv of The Emerald Coast – Miramar Beach, FL
- Logistics Coordinator / Dispatcher Job at Royal Transportation Services Inc. – Horsham, PA (On-site)
- Dispatcher – Black River Produce Job at Performance Foodservice – North Springfield, VT (On-site)
- Entry Level Customer Service Rep / Dispatcher | 21-00463 Job at ESPO Corporation – Willowbrook, IL (On-site)
See More: 1,000+ Dispatcher Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit production-smithfield.icims.com.