Forklift jobs in Maine, USA – Apply for Forklift Operator I Jobs at Lignetics – Strong, ME (On-site). See job descriptions, requirements, and the link to apply.
Operates and drives gasoline, liquefied gas, or electric-powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices, such as forklift, boom, scoop, lift beam and swivel-hook, fork-grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or materials in warehouse, storage yard, or factory. Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus. Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials, or hooks tow trucks to trailer hitch, and transports load to designated area.
- Responsible for operating a forklift in the warehouse and production areas of the plant.
- Prior to shift start, ensure propane tanks are filled and forklift equipment is properly blown out and all fluids checked.
- Grease fittings if needed.
- All raw materials are to be stacked in a neat and orderly fashion.
- The warehouse is to be swept daily and trash bins emptied when full.
- All trucks loaded are to have proper paperwork before being loaded (packing slips and weight ticket). All trucks loaded are to be counted and recounted by another associate and both persons sign off that the proper amount of product has been verified and loaded.
- Packaging slips must be attached to all loads and packing slip enclosed.
- Load seals must be attached to all trucks by the forklift operator before the truck leaves the dock area. Plywood is to be stacked during the teardown of pods.
- When the plywood rack is full, it is to be banded and stacked for later use.
- Re Stacks and bags returned to system must be worked on daily and recorded.
- Seat belts are to be worn at all times and the lift must be operated at a safe speed.
- Junk pallets are to be stacked and put in their proper place until they can be disposed of.
- Clean up warehouse at the end of shift.
- Responsible for assisting other production areas, as needed.
- Move and wrap completed products.
- Assist the Shift Leads to start and stop the pellet mills.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Prior forklift and production line experience preferred.
- Must possess good eye, hand and foot coordination.
- Must be able to pass the company forklift training.
- Ability to concentrate for extended periods of time and multi-task
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and stand for a minimum of 7 hours per day.
- Required to read and interpret scales.
- Requires mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills to adjust the weight and timing of bailer and various other simple maintenance problems.
- Requires the ability to do simple math calculations.
Salary: $17/hr – $18/hr
Job Type: Temporary
** Pre-employment background check and drug screen required.
About Lignetics, Inc.
Lignetics, Inc. offers clean, renewable solutions. We have 30 years of experience innovating eco-friendly essentials for everyday life. Lignetics manufactures a variety of consumer brands in several different categories including wood pellets for home heating, BBQ pellets for grilling, wood pellets and shavings for animal bedding, and a wood fiber-based cat litter. Each of our products have unique features and benefits but are all linked with a wonderful recycled, renewable, sustainable, and carbon neutral story. We turn recycled sawdust into value-add, branded consumer products.
- Forklift Operator Jobs at BJ’s Wholesale Club – Burlington, NJ (On-site)
- Forklift Operator – 2nd Shift Jobs at Bolthouse Farms – Tolleson, AZ (On-site)
- Forklift Operator I Jobs at Lignetics – Strong, ME (On-site)
- Forklift Operator Jobs at Boise Cascade Company – Thorsby, AL (On-site)
- Forklift Operator (Full-time) Jobs at PepsiCo – Lima, OH (On-site)
- Forklift/Hi-Lo Operator Day Shift Jobs at Vistar, A PFG Company – Budd Lake, NJ (On-site)
- Forklift Operator Jobs at NFI – McClellan Park, CA (On-site)
- Operator, Forklift Lift Truck Jobs at Constellation Brands – Acampo, CA (On-site)
- Forklift Operator Jobs at Novo Logistics – Ardmore, OK (On-site)
- Forklift C Shift Jobs at Tyson Foods – Forest, MS (On-site)
See More: 1,000+ Forklift Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.