Target jobs in Minnesota, USA – Apply for Fullstack Engineer – Transportation Jobs at Target – Brooklyn Park, Minnesota. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Location: 7000 Target Pkwy N, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States, 55445; job id: R0000178531
job family: Product Engineering
schedule: Full time
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people— to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve.
As an Engineer on the Foundations product team, you will build and operate a core-data service. The pacer service is the source of truth for carrier transit-time service level agreements and other associated data across all potential modes of travel. It is one of the critical inputs to overall Lead Time, leveraged by Inventory Planning & Control (IPC) purchasing systems, to drive towards a more accurate Purchase Order ETA. This capability is currently available on our international, domestic first, and middle mile routes. On the team, you will collaborate with other engineers and teams to design and implement system architectures that are highly scalable, highly available, and fully fault-tolerant for our last mile route.
TEAM AND CULTURE
Target values engineers that care about:
- A diverse, inclusive and collaborative culture
- Robust and distributed microservices and event-based architectures with mature CI/CD pipelines
- Code as craft with a desire to solve complex engineering problems
- Automating everything
- Operational excellence with an approach to engineering that makes our guests and team members their top priority
- Triaging large scale issues with a bias to prevent them from happening in the first place
- Canary and A/B testing to push code multiple times a day during business hours
- Learning and experimenting with technologies
- High observability with robust logs and metrics
- Leveraging edge computing and elastic infrastructure
- Agile teams and team ceremonies
BUSINESS CAPABILITIES AND IMPACT
The mission of the Stores and Supply Chain engineering team is to delight our guests by having our products available at the right place, right quantity and at the right time with the most reliable, fast and secure checkout, payment and returns experience at 1870+ stores across the US. We make this happen using world class supply chain networks that comprises of 50+ warehouses and a massive fleet of transportation services that moves about $19B of inventory to our stores and fulfillment centers. We provide multiple ways of fulfilling our guests needs from our network of distribution centers and stores. We build applications and services that power 500,000+ team members in stores and distribution centers to ensure we have our products available to ultimately delight our guests. We enable team members to give the guest a great Target shopping experience on 60,000+ registers, self-checkout and mobile point of sale devices. Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Our engineering teams are empowered to select the appropriate technology for the problem they are trying to solve. Common technologies include on this team are:
- CICD: Code Pipelines like Docker, Drone, Vela, Spinnaker, Testing frameworks, Gatlin
- Frameworks like Spring Boot, Micronaut, React
- Data Stores like Postgres and Neo4j (Graph Database)
- Distributed event streaming platform like Kafka
- Metrics visualizations like Influx and Grafana
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of software development experience
- Demonstrates familiarity with current and emerging technologies in own scope of responsibility, and develops ability to apply these technologies
- Understands concepts of package solutions and package specific programming language with knowledge of development objects
- Demonstrates and continuously builds upon domain-specific knowledge
- Demonstrates proficiency in at least one computer language
- Understands the concepts of distributed programming and applies it to their domain
- Possesses working knowledge of transaction codes/master data used within specific domain and participates in building custom solutions in the package
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
OPEN ENGINEERING OPPORTUNTIES
We have a number of open roles across our Stores and Supply Chain engineering teams. They vary across engineering level/experience, technology focus, or business area. If you are interested in learning more, contact us or apply to start a conversation.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Sr Engineer Jobs at Target – Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
- Principal Engineer – HR Technologies Jobs at Target – Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
- Sr Engineer – Enterprise Promotions Jobs at Target – Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
- Data Analyst Jobs at Target – Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Senior Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs at Target – Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
- Sr Engineer – Digital Checkout Team Jobs at Target – Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
- Lead Engineer – Digital Checkout Jobs at Target – Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
- Human Resources Expert Jobs at Target – Washington, Pennsylvania
- Executive Team Leader Human Resources (Assistant Manager HR) Springfield, PA Jobs at Target – Springfield, Pennsylvania
- Food DC – Sr Human Resources Manager – Lake City, FL Jobs at Target – Lake City, Florida
See More: 1,000+ Target jobs in US,A – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit target.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.