Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in California, United States – Apply for Hardware Engineer Apprentice Amazon Jobs – Sunnyvale, CA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 2293574
Job Title: Hardware Engineer Apprentice.
Amazon Devices is launching a new Hardware (HW) Diversity Apprenticeship Program to reduce hardware industry diversity gaps and to immerse apprentices in the life-changing possibilities of hardware engineering and a career at Amazon. Amazon Devices is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Amazon Devices began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products and has launched groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo.
We are looking for motivated candidates who love learning and are passionate about making a career change to HW engineering. Candidates who align with Amazon’s Leadership Principles, have transferable technical skills, and enjoy designing, fabricating, testing, and other engineering-related activities are encouraged to apply to the HW Apprenticeship. What will you help us create?
The HW Diversity Apprenticeship starts in Fall 2022 and runs for up to 24 months full-time (40+ hours/week) onsite in Sunnyvale, California at Lab126 and onsite at community colleges in the surrounding area. The program is open to San Francisco Bay Area candidates within a commutable distance from Sunnyvale, CA. Amazon does not offer relocation for this position. Apprentices earn a competitive hourly pay and a range of medical and financial benefits.
This program is focused on those who identify as Latinx/Hispanic, Black, Native American, women, and/or non-binary. Candidates may apply through one of the following local pipeline partners, or independently: Career Choice, City Team, Dev/Mission, Humanmade, Tech Exchange, Upwardly Global, Year Up. If this program does not apply to you, consider other Amazon Hardware opportunities at https://www.amazon.jobs/en/teams/hardware.
This apprenticeship intends to be validated by the U.S. Department of Labor as a Registered Apprenticeship Program. To graduate from the program, apprentices must complete all required instruction and on-the-job training and demonstrate standards proficiency. Apprentices who graduate and meet Amazon’s technical bar within 2 years will have the opportunity to be considered for full-time HW roles, with benefits.
Key job responsibilities
Apprentices enroll in and complete training courses through college partners and otherwise, starting with a boot-camp and then continuing throughout the program while working on their teams.
Apprentices join a specific HW engineering role and team at Amazon a few months into the program based on workforce needs and their skills and interest. HW engineering responsibilities will vary per role. Examples include, but may not be limited to:
• Apply hardware engineering principles to solve problems
• Interface with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to understand tasks, requirements
• Operate lab equipment and execute lab procedures
• Execute and manage hardware testing
• Troubleshoot PCB and electro-mechanical assemblies down to component level
• Collect, analyze and input data, write clear and concise reports
• Deliver high-quality prototypes, assemblies, and other artifacts
• Generate CAD designs and engineering drawings aligned to GD&T standards
• Lead or support HW engineering tasks for Amazon products
A day in the life
The HW Apprenticeship has two main components: Related instruction and on-the-job training. Apprentices will sometimes be deep in courses, in a classroom or online, and they’ll sometimes be working and learning hands-on, on-the-job. While on-the-job, apprentices add value to their team and Amazon’s customers by working on challenging, high-impact HW engineering tasks and projects with the support of a dedicated mentor.
Day-to-day, HW apprentices agree to:
• Be onsite, in-person at Lab126 or a designated college partner campus
• Complete and attend required related instruction classes and on-the-job training and work, mentor sessions, and other engagements
• Manage time and communications efficiently to meet manager, mentor, and program expectations
• Think and act long-term, striving beyond an apprenticeship to a career in HW engineering
To be considered, candidates must have:
• High school or equivalent diploma
• 2+ years of full or near-full time work experience
• Basic computer skills including typing and using Microsoft Office applications
Strong HW apprentice candidates bring the following:
• Technical or STEM certificates, training or degree
• Experience working in mechanical or electrical field such as a mechanic, electrician, machinist, fabricator, tooling/molding, factory technician, plumbing, construction, automotive tech, designer, lab tech, etc.
• A hobby or projects related to tinkering, designing, building, fabricating, creating or a related area
• Experience leading/organizing efforts or people through project management or people management
• Data interpretation, problem solving, decision making, and prioritization skills
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s Leadership Principles requirements for this role.
- Engineering Operations Technician , Data Center Engineering Operations Amazon Jobs – Manassas, VA
- Robotics – Software Development Engineer – Summer 2022, Robotics Advanced Technology Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Network Deploy Technician Amazon Jobs – Boardman, OR
- Executive Business Partner Amazon Jobs – San Francisco, CA
- Education Customer Advisor – Amazon Business, Amazon Business Amazon Jobs – Nashville, TN
- Sr. Customer Advisor, Amazon Business Amazon Jobs – Arlington, VA
- Senior Account Representative, Amazon Business – NonProfit Amazon Jobs – Boston, MA
- LP Mult-Site Lead, AMZL Amazon Jobs – Lodi, NJ
- Customer Advisor, Mid-Market Commercial Amazon Jobs – Boston, MA
- Technical Program Manager, Amazon Fulfillment Technologies Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.