Amazon Data Services, Inc.
Amazon jobs in Virginia, United States – Apply for Health & Safety Project Manager, Data Center Health and safety Amazon Jobs – Herndon, VA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 2303157
Job Title: Health & Safety Project Manager.
As the world’s largest cloud provider, Amazon Web Services is redefining the IT industry with more than 200 fully featured products and services. Every day, our global team of diverse builders deliver cloud technology solutions that help millions of customers achieve their business goals. We’re growing the technology platform of the future so our customers can collectively change the world. Come build with us.
The AWS Data Center Health and Safety team is looking for a Health and Safety Project Manager with excellent project management skills and a strong delivery record owning regional or global projects. The team is comprised of big thinkers who are passionate about building the road map to enabling the business to achieve its safety goals. This role will be part of this team and requires looking at data, managing project timelines, and communicating to senior management on status, risks, and process/product changes. Cross-team coordination, project management, executive presentation skills, and proven history of delivering results are essential for success.
A successful candidate will have high attention to detail and be able to demonstrate the ability to deliver regional and global business-impacting projects. They have experience managing multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and are able to adjust priorities and challenge and influence senior leaders. They have the ability to think strategically and execute methodically and work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired. They will use analytical and quantitative skills and use hard data to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
Here at AWS, we celebrate our differences. Our employee-led affinity groups reach tens of thousands of employees around the world, furthering our culture of inclusion and influencing our innovative employee benefit offerings. We host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences, that help us think bigger to seek diverse perspectives, learn, and be curious.
Key job responsibilities
• Managing, driving, planning, organizing, and executing complex projects across multiple organizations (Operations, Program teams, HR, Finance, etc.) to enable the launch of new initiatives and processes.
• Partnering with Sr. Managers, and other key operational leaders and technical teams across the company to lead, support, and influence new business initiatives and processes.
• Building strong partnerships with business and program partners to identify the impact of initiatives in operations and successfully integrate and deploy them in traditional and non-traditional Data Centers.
• Analyzing and solving operational barriers with a focus on understanding root causes and driving opportunities forward.
• Creation of business reports including an analysis and interpretation of safety and operational data to identify trends, deficiencies and opportunities to introduce changes in design, process and procedures.
• Travel Required, up to 25%
A day in the life
We value work-life harmony. Achieving success at work should never come at the expense of sacrifices at home. Finding purpose and fulfillment is essential across all aspects of our lives, which is why flexible work hours and arrangements are part of our culture. When we feel supported in the workplace and at home, there’s nothing we can’t achieve in the cloud.
About the team
Mentorship & Career Growth
We have a career path for you no matter what stage you’re in when you start here. As we strive to become Earth’s Best Employer, we know we must continuously raise our performance bar. That’s why you’ll find endless knowledge-sharing, mentorship and other career-advancing resources here to help you develop into a better-rounded professional.
• Minimum four year college degree in a health and safety, project management, or related field.
• 3 or more years in project management.
• 3 or more years conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis.
• 5 or more years of field health and safety experience in general industry or construction.
• Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements in the health and safety space.
• Experience with supporting and executing health and safety initiatives and projects
• SIX SIGMA or equivalent.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort collaborating with leaders around the globe.
• Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and the use of pivot tables and the development of charts and graphics.
• Knowledge of applicable region specific federal, state, and local health and safety regulations (OSHA and NFPA standards).
• Self-directed and driven to deliver with quality.
- Maintenance Tech III Amazon Jobs – Phoenix, AZ
- Brick Deployment, TIPM, BaND Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Construction Manager, SFO Data Center Construction Amazon Jobs – Santa Clara, CA
- Data Center Project Manager, Critical Projects Implementation Amazon Jobs – Chantilly, VA
- Construction Project Manager, Data Center Construction Amazon Jobs – Herndon, VA
- Construction Manager, DC Construction Amazon Jobs – New Albany, OH
- EHS Specialist , WHS Amazon Jobs – Kyle, TX
- Game Producer, Social, Amazon Games Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Amazon Go Retail Associate Amazon Jobs – Frederickson Place, WA
- EHS Specialist , WHS Amazon Jobs – Waukegan, IL
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.