Trinity Health (HQ Michigan)
Hospital cleaning jobs in Iowa, USA – Apply for Housekeeper – Full Time – Multiple Shifts Available Jobs at Trinity Health (HQ Michigan) – Dubuque, IA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Responsible for a clean and safe environment within the facility by following routine cleaning procedures. Under the general supervision of the EVS supervisor, coordinator or charge person. May take direction from a nursing director or departmental supervisor may give direction on housekeeping needs of that area. Provide cleaning for patient and non-patient areas of the hospital. Services provided include surface cleaning, floor care, carpet cleaning, and moving equipment and furniture.
- Adheres to the principles of caring and expected behaviors outlined in MercyOne Dubuque/Dyersville Medical Center’s Model of Caring and Trinity Health’s Code of Conduct, fostering a climate where all customers are treated in a manner consistent with MercyOne Dubuque/Dyersville Medical Center’s Mission and Values.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations, Trinity Health’s Organizational Integrity Program, Standards of Conduct, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
- Maintain a high level of customer service by promptly welcoming everyone in a friendly manner, smiles warmly and introduces him/herself. Practices service recovery by apologizing for problems and inconveniences, corrects the problem, takes action once issue is identified and meets the customer’s immediate needs or refers the matter onto someone else.
- Maintain clean patient rooms and performs discharge cleaning of a patient unit to meet hospital standards. Empties trash and linen containers, high dusts, damp mops, cleans bathroom, cleans/makes bed on discharge, damp wipes all horizontal surfaces, cleans all assigned equipment in the room and checks own work.
- Maintain clean office/ancillary areas. Audits are done frequently for Quality Control.
- Has knowledge of and is able to differentiate between isolations. Performs special isolation cleaning according to established procedures as required.
- Maintain a clean cart, equipment, and janitor closet/storage areas.
- Replenish supplies of soap, tissues, towels, disposable items and other items as needed.
- Responsible for reporting the need for repair of equipment, furniture, building, and fixtures to appropriate person.
- On an annual basis, performs a thorough deep cleaning for assigned areas.
- Must be efficient, effective with use of cleaning products and equipment.
- Take an active role in improving the quality of service provided by our department.
- Actively participates in department meetings, committees, conferences, and in-services.
- Is knowledgeable of and actively participates in improving patient safety and reducing risk to patients. Complies with Safety and Infection Control & Procedure.
- Must adhere to JCAHO standards (i.e., use of wet floor signs, electrical check of equipment, do not use door stops, proper use/mixing of chemicals).
- Understands and observes all safety rules. Reports all accidents or incidents. Corrects or reports all safety hazards seen. Knowledge of Safety Plan.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
(EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED)
- Previous janitorial and cleaning experience preferred.
- Some previous experience in hospital standards, methods, and procedures desirable but not mandatory as may be trained on the job.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred but not required.
- Child and Dependent Adult Abuse Mandatory Reporter Training is required within 6 months of hire and every 3 years thereafter.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Hospital Housekeeping Worker Jobs at VCA Animal Hospitals – Palm Springs, CA (On-site)
- Housekeeper I / Hospital Cleaning Jobs at Covenant Health – Knoxville, TN
- VA Hospital Cleaner Jobs at FAR Government, Inc. Sioux Falls, SD
- Hospital Cleaning/Housekeeper Per Diem Jobs at Dignity Health – Redwood City, CA
- HOUSEKEEPER – LCHC (PRN), DUKE REGIONAL HOSPITAL Cleaning Jobs at Duke University School of Medicine – Carolina, NC
- Cleaner Jobs at Sanford Federal – Des Moines, IA
- CUSTODIAN I Jobs at Union Hospital – Dover, DE
- Cleaning and Maintenance – Housekeeping – Custodian Jobs at Cross Country Medical Staffing Network – Gainesville, FL
- Hospital Cleaning/ Housekeeper / Janitor – Full Time Jobs at Crestwood Behavioral Health, Inc. – San Diego, CA
- Environmental Services Aide – Hospital Cleaning Jobs at Marshfield Clinic Health System – Ladysmith, WI
See More: 1,000+ Hospital Cleaning Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit jobs.trinity-health.org.