U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Housekeeping jobs in New York, USA – Apply for Housekeeping Aid Jobs at U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs – Rochester, NY (On-site). See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
This position is located within the Environmental Management Services Division of a VA Medical Center. This position is under the direct supervision of the Housekeeping Supervisor or designee. This position performs both janitorial and custodial services at the VA Medical Center located in Rochester, NY.
Click the “Learn more about this agency” link below to discover the perks and benefits of a Housekeeping career!
Learn more about this agency
The Housekeeping Aid executes a full range of housekeeping activities in patient and non-patient care areas. The position may be assigned to any tour and may be required to work in various designated areas during any tour of duty. Typically, the position works independently with general supervision, or works with a team and is responsible for the full-range of cleaning duties in an assigned area throughout the medical facility. These duties include, but are not limited to the following:
Performs floor maintenance, wall washing. Cleans doors, doorframes, baseboard corners and edges, and stairwells. Tasks are accomplished by sweeping, dust mopping, damp and wet mopping, scrubbing, stripping, refinishing, buffing, vacuuming and extracting carpets and runners, spot cleaning areas, and high and low dusting. Periodically utilizes pressure washers and heavy industrial powered and battery-operated equipment. Adjusts, cleans, and performs minor maintenance on this equipment and changes attachments for their proper use in achieving the best results.
Empties trash and wastebaskets, replaces liners. Transports general refuse, regulated medical waste and recycling to central collection areas.
Cleans rest rooms, bathrooms, and shower rooms, ensuring that they are cleaned and meet acceptable standards (cleans, disinfects, and deodorizes lavatories, showers, bathtubs, urinals, and toilet bowls; cleans mirrors, sinks, and water fountains; washes and polishes light and toilet fixtures).
Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Various schedules including days, evenings, and nights including weekends and holidays
Recruitment & Relocation Incentive: Not authorized.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Pre-employment physical required
- Subject to background/security investigation
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Participation in the seasonal influenza vaccination program is a requirement for all Department of Veterans Affairs Health Care Personnel (HCP)
- Participation in the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccination program is a requirement for all Veterans Health Administration Health Care Personnel (HCP) – See “Additional Information” below for details.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: The position demands continuous walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, pulling, and pushing. The work requires the occasional use of heavy powered cleaning equipment (e.g., wall washers, industrial type buffers) weighing over 50 pounds. The duties necessitate considerable dexterity, hand, foot, and eye coordination, and concentration as well as visual acuity to see dirt, dust and debris.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is normally performed indoors with adequate heat, light, and ventilation. Some work may be performed outdoors where there may be exposed to varying degrees of heat and cold as well as inclement weather. PPE may be required in some circumstance as exposure to possible contagious diseases, blood and bloody secretion are inherent to this position. Care is required to avoid serious injuries (i.e., broken bones) when working on ladders, or when using 30-100-pound power equipment or handling hazardous materials.
Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Federal Wage System Qualifications. For this position, the job element method is used to match what you, the applicant, can do against what the work calls for. Your knowledge, skills and abilities will be compared to the knowledge, skills and abilities (called job elements) needed for success. Your qualifications will first be evaluated against the prescribed screen out element (WG-2 and higher only; screen-outs are not applicable to WG-1). Applicants who appear to meet the screen out element are considered for further rating; those who do not are rated ineligible and are eliminated from consideration. The potential eligibles are rated against the remainder of the job elements. While a specific length of training and experience is not required, your responses to the questionnaire must be supported by detailed descriptions of your experience on your resume.
You will be rated on the following Job Elements as part of the assessment questionnaire for this position:
- Reliability and Dependability (Screen out for WG-2 only)
- Work Practices
- Special Aptitude – Housekeeping Work
- Handle Weights and Loads
- Follow Directions
- Dexterity and Safety
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Receiving Service Credit for Earning Annual (Vacation) Leave: Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. Selected applicants may qualify for credit toward annual leave accrual, based on prior work experience or military service experience. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which they earn annual leave. Such credit must be requested and approved prior to the appointment date and is not guaranteed.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities (i.e., intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities), and/or disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more. For more information on how to apply using this appointment authority via the Selective Placement Coordinator within the office, contact the facility Human Resources Department at (585) 394-2000.
The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) provide eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. To be qualified you must submit appropriate documentation and be found well-qualified (have a final rating of 85 or more before any Veterans preference points) for this vacancy. Information about ICTAP and CTAP eligibility is on OPM’s Career Transition Resources website at https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
Pursuant to VHA Directive 1193.01, VHA health care personnel (HCP) are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to such accommodations as required by law (i.e., medical, religious or pregnancy). VHA HCPs do not include remote workers who only infrequently enter VHA locations. If selected, you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination before your start date. The agency will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request a legally required accommodation from this requirement using the reasonable accommodation process.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application
- Help A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Laundry – Housekeeping Aide Jobs at ProMedica Senior Care – Citrus Heights, CA (On-site)
- Housekeeper Jobs at Aimbridge Hospitality – Statesville, NC (On-site)
- Housekeeping – Contingent – All Shifts Available Jobs at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System – Pontiac, MI
- Housekeeping – Nights Jobs at Tyson Foods – Haltom City, TX (On-site)
- Housekeeping – South Shore Jobs at Advocate Aurora Health – Cudahy, WI (On-site)
- Housekeeping Assistant (Harrah’s Hotel) Jobs at Caesars Entertainment, Inc. – Council Bluffs, IA (On-site)
- Housekeeping PT Weekends Jobs at Good Samaritan Society – Belington, WV (On-site)
- Housekeeping Room Attendant Jobs at Atrium Hospitality – Tampa, FL (On-site)
- Housekeeping Supervisor Jobs at Aimbridge Hospitality – Normal, IL (On-site)
- Janitorial – Housekeeping Jobs at Sofidel S.p.A. – Circleville, OH (On-site)
See More: 1,000+ Housekeeping Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit secure.login.gov.