Saybrook Point Resort & Marina
Housekeeping Jobs in Connecticut, USA – Apply for Housekeeping Manager Job at Saybrook Point Resort & Marina – Old Saybrook, CT. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Summary/objective: The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and developing the overall operation of the housekeeping department in accordance with federal, state, and local standards and guidelines along with assuring the highest degree of quality guest care is maintained at all times. Also monitors the financial performance of the Housekeeping department operation and the efficiency of the linen service.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Greet each guest, enthusiastically and with a smile to create a friendly positive experience.
- Conforms to AAA and Forbes Rating Standards.
- Offer ideas on improving services and cost reductions.
- Manage the daily activities of the Housekeeping department to include appropriate cleaning of all offices, seating areas, washrooms, restaurant, suites and all public spaces.
- Planning, organizing and directing team members to ensure the highest degree of guest satisfaction.
- Review and act on customer feedback. This includes customer complaints and compliments.
- Conduct regular inspections of all rooms, seating areas and public areas.
- Ensure routine maintenance is carried. Reporting any damage and wear and tear, ensuring bedroom faults are rectified promptly.
- Organize and set up on-going deep clean schedules.
- Be fully aware of budgeted and actual departmental financial targets. This includes; revenue, stock levels, average spends and departmental profits.
- Control all linen stocks and levels, ensuring linen cost are controlled in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Implement an effective key control system, thus ensuring the security of all housekeeping keys.
- Operate I.T system in line with company standards.
- Post staff schedule by 4p on Wednesday
- Supports properties Green Team and Safety Committee through active participation and compliance.
- Ensure the department operates effectively on a day to day basis, ensuring company standards are met and delivered consistently with attention to detail. This includes ensuring shift controls and procedures are adhered to.
- Comply with statutory and company requirements for Health and Safety, Food Safety, strictly adhered to and team members are trained accordingly.
- Review and coordinate action to any relevant internal and external audits in order to enhance the environment and achieve positive consistent results.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
- Fully aware of and comply with Inns policies and procedures as identified in the procedure manual and handbook.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Daily supervision of the housekeeping staff, including the day, event and post-event crews.
- Supervises a staff of which involves a staff which involves direct and indirect responsibilities for interviewing, selection, training, motivating, wage and salary administration, performance appraisal, developing policies and developing procedures.
- To lead and create a team environment which promotes good associate morale and ensures a high level of commitment and pride at the Inn.
- To ensure effective communication with the team by holding regular briefing sessions and attending all management meetings.
- Develop the department Training Plan to meet the Inns business objectives and develop team members.
- Working conditions are based in a hospitality setting.
- Associates may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Noise level in work environment is usually moderate.
- Exposed to damp, dusty and dirty areas.
- Exposed to cleaning solvents and chemicals.
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to stand, move and work throughout the hotel and property, including walking up to 1 ½ mile, climbing stairs and standing for the duration of the shift.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Will frequently have to push, pull, carry, lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work authorization/security clearance requirements
Saybrook Point Resort & Marina requires all newly hired employees to provide documentation that they are legally authorized to work in the United States.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Saybrook Point Resort & Marina is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Ability to creating and maintaining department budget
- Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision making skills ability
- The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask.
- Proficiency with general IT applications in relation to Housekeeping
- Demonstrated sound organizational, thoroughness coordinating and personal interface skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Attention to detail and follow through on all assigned tasks
- Ability to work on and with a team
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions and correspondence.
Required education and experience
- Highschool degree or GED
Preferred education and experience
- Experience working in housekeeping department or hospitality setting
- Experience as a supervisor or manager
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Additional eligibility requirements
- Maintains all current licenses and certifications
- Be familiar with all Hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Maintains high standards for work area and appearance and presents self in a highly professional manner to staff and guest.
- Available days, evenings, weekends, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Janitor / House Cleaner – No weekends, Full Benefits, Keep Your Tips! Job at The Cleaning Authority – Appleton, WI
- Housekeeper Job at Integral Senior Living – Portland, OR
- Housekeeper Job at University Retirement Community – Davis, CA
- Housekeeper Job at Five Star Senior Living – Charleston, WV
- Housekeeper Job at Campfire Hotel – Bend, OR
- Housekeeper (Janitorial) Job at The Bicycle Hotel & Casino – Bell Gardens, CA
- Pharmacy Intern Job at Cleveland Clinic – Port St Lucie, FL
- Pharmacy Intern Job at Stony Brook University – Stony Brook, NY
- Pharmacy Intern Job at The Save Mart – Grass Valley, CA
- Pharmacy Intern – PRN Job at Bon Secours – Richmond, VA
See More: 1,000+ Housekeeping Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.