Housekeeping jobs in Illinois, USA – Apply for Housekeeping Supervisor Jobs at Aimbridge Hospitality – Normal, IL (On-site). See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
The Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for administering and coordinating housekeeping functions in assigned sections. Responsible for inspecting Guest Rooms and ensuring they are cleaned up to standards assist Room Attendants as needed provide necessary training. Responsible for assuming all Housekeeping Manager functions in his/her absence.
- At least 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Approach all encounters with guests and associates in a friendly service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Inspect staff’s work performance within assigned section on a daily basis to assure that standards and productivity levels are being met and maintained.
- In the absence of the Housekeeping Manager or Assistant Housekeeping Manager inspect all V.I.P. rooms and report their availability to the Front Office.
- Oversee the organized closing of the floors at the end of the day ensuring the Room Attendants’ carts are clean and restocked with linen only.
- Ensure records of daily assignments are completed signed off on and turned into the Housekeeping Office on time.
- Maintain key control system.
- Supervise all staff in Laundry and Housekeeping holding them accountable and responsible for their work performance.
- Submit proper documentation regarding poor work performance misconduct excessive absenteeism lateness and improper attire.
- Handle items for ‘Lost and Found’ according to the standards.
- Be familiar with all Aimbridge Hospitality policies and House Rules.
- Ensure that associates are at all times attentive friendly helpful and courteous to all guests managers and other associates.
- Ensure the overall appearance cleanliness and orderliness of staff.
- Carry an active pager/radio to maintain contact with the Front Office and/or Engineering throughout the shift period.
- Oversee the daily assignment of duties ensuring each Room Attendant and House Attendant carries a work assignment.
- Monitor cleanliness and orderliness of Room Attendants’ carts linen closets control closets stairways and landings.
- Report on progress of all out-of-order rooms under the Housekeeping Department’s supervision to the Guest Services Manager daily.
- Initiate work orders for repairs and maintenance for doors plumbing heating/air electrical equipment furniture carpets drapes etc. Follow through on each work order until completed.
- Oversee proper and constructive training of Room Attendants.
- Motivate coach and counsel staff as necessary.
- Collect all keys and assignment sheets daily at the end of the shift.
- Attend meetings as required by Management.
- Ensure completion of regular maintenance and cleaning projects on a biannual basis.
- Monitor all V.I.P.’s special guests and requests.
- Perform any other duties as requested by Management.
The Courtyard Bloomington Normal hotel is located one block off of Veteran’s Parkway in Normal, IL, just minutes from Illinois State University. Our central location places us near the headquarters of State Farm Insurance, Country Financial Insurance and Mitsubishi Motors Manufacturing of America, as well as near Illinois Wesleyan University. The Bloomington Normal area has plenty for guests to explore during their stay. Visitors can catch a show at the Illinois Shakespeare Festival, visit the animals at Miller Park Zoo, explore the exhibits at the Children’s Discovery Museum, or discover one of the other many things the area has to offer. Within a few miles of the hotel guests can enjoy fine dining, shopping at the Eastland Mall & the Shoppes at College Hills, as well as indoor and outdoor golf. Our lobby features The Bistro, a restaurant serving various breakfast options and Starbucks drinks, as well as numerous dinner and drink options.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more details
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Janitorial – Housekeeping Jobs at Sofidel S.p.A. – Circleville, OH (On-site)
- Housekeeping Assistant Jobs at Life Care Centers of America – Houston, TX (On-site)
- Housekeeping Lobby Attendant Jobs at Omni Hotels & Resorts – Boston, MA (On-site)
- Housekeeping EVS Tech Jobs at Belton Regional Medical Center – Belton, MO (On-site)
- San Diego KOA Resort – Housekeeping Part Time – 2022 Jobs at KAMPGROUNDS ENTERPRISES, INC – Chula Vista, CA (On-site)
- Director of Housekeeping Jobs at Montage International – Salt Lake City, UT (On-site)
- Housekeeping Technician PRN Jobs at HCA Healthcare – Round Rock, TX (On-site)
- Housekeeping Supervisor Jobs at Accor – North & Central America – Los Angeles, CA (On-site)
- Housekeeping Room Attendant Jobs at Accor – North & Central America – Los Angeles, CA (On-site)
- Housekeeping-WEEKLY PAY- $15-$18 Jobs at Aerotek – Austin, TX (On-site)
See More: 1,000+ Housekeeping Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit careers-aimbridge.icims.com.