JE Dunn Construction
Manufacturing jobs in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA – Apply for Industrial/Manufacturing Traveling General Superintendent Job at JE Dunn Construction – Las Vegas, NV. See job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job Position: Industrial/Manufacturing Traveling General Superintendent
Best people + right culture. These are the driving forces behind JE Dunn’s strategy for success. By hiring the best people we can find, giving them interesting and challenging work, and letting them share in the company’s rewards, we’ve found a sustainable way to grow in our industry for the last 90+ years.
JE Dunn believes in providing the best tools for employees to get the job done right. Lean operation processes. Digital document collaboration. LEED-certified, occupant-focused environments. We make sure our workforce is prepared for the job, and we expect the best. Our diverse teams around the country strive to enrich lives through inspired people and places every day, and we need inspired people like you to join us in our pursuit of building perfection.
- This role reports into our National Industrial/Manufacturing Vertical. Candidate must be willing to be a full time traveler throughout the United States.***
The General Superintendent will develop and execute the project plan and oversee all aspects of assigned projects with significant complexity. This position will be responsible for managing the team, planning all construction sequencing and meeting project goals. All activities will be performed in support of the strategy, vision and values of JE Dunn.
- Autonomy & Decision-Making: Expected to function independently, adapting plans and priorities as needed. Makes many decisions, provides guidance to subordinate managers consults with supervisor as needed.
- Career Path: Director of Field Operations.
Key Role Responsibilities – Core
SUPERINTENDENT FAMILY – CORE
- Leads all aspects of the company’s safety culture and creates awareness by demonstrating commitment to an injury-free environment through individual actions and mentoring others. Investigates safety incidents and retrains staff and needed.
- Provides management of subcontractors and organization of the overall job and workflow.
- Manages and oversees company staff, subcontractors, suppliers and programs such as Safety, Quality and EEOC for a small project or a major portion of a larger project.
- Develops work plans for subcontractors and self-performed work.
- Coordinates and manages the care, custody and control of the project site.
- Leads various meetings including daily standup and weekly trade meetings.
- Attends, manages and participates in appropriate progress and/or project OAC meetings.
- Creates, manages, changes and implements the project’s schedule as needed, in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- May be responsible for tracking and monitoring project budget and costs by using the project management system’s cost reports and data from the project manager.
- Communicates key project information to owners, design team, governing authorities, subcontractors, suppliers and other departments.
- Follows the project filing and documentation organization system as dictated for the project. Updates drawings, logs, diaries and inspection notebooks.
- Approves and/or records unit cost information for weekly reports and completes daily reports, logs and tracking reports.
- Evaluates progress on self-perform work and make adjustments as needed.
- Manages material and equipment needs for the project.
- Supports the MOC (Material and Other Costs) and DLSC (Dunn Logistics Service Center) procurement and approval processes.
- Assists in the selection of the formwork, tools and equipment necessary to complete self-perform operations.
- Manages timecard approval process to ensure reporting of accurate hours and proper cost codes.
- Ensures quality compliance through use of specifications, setting quality standards, in–house QA/QC and outside resources.
- Supports the project closeouts by supervising pre-punch activities and coordinating activities with the owner, architect and governing authorities.
- Gains understanding of the project pursuit process and methodology.
- Participates with the field operations leadership and the project team to put together a project pre plan; implements, monitors and adjusts as needed throughout the project lifecycle.
- Partners with field leadership to establish field staffing for their assigned project.
- Partners with project management to identify schedule and costs associated with project changes.
- Participates in the negotiation process with the owner and architect to gain agreement for project changes.
- Participates with the project team in preparation and presentation for all project review meetings, including the monthly review process and other key project meetings.
- Participates in the project buy out meetings with subcontractors and vendors.
- Understands and applies the terms and conditions of the owner and subcontractor contracts for the project.
- Responsible for identifying and recruiting top talent.
- Leads, supports and promotes a culture of diversity and inclusion within JE Dunn.Understands JE Dunn’s policy of non-discrimination and ensures positive, proactive implementation throughout the organization.
Key Role Responsibilities – Additional Core
In addition, this position will be responsible for the following:
- Manages the largest, most complex stand-alone and/or multiple complex projects from initial planning to completion.
- Provides management and/or oversight to multiple projects and project teams.
- Provides input, leads and executes company and regional key strategic initiatives.
- Participates in the development of relevant company training content. Responsible for the selection and development of internal subject matter experts.
- Effectively delivers leadership messages to multiple audiences both internally and externally.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a timely manner.
- Communication skills, verbal and written (Advanced).
- Ability to conduct effective presentations (Advanced).
- Proficiency in MS Office (Intermediate).
- Ability to apply fundamentals of the means and methods of construction management to projects.
- Thorough knowledge of project processes and how each supports the successful completion of a project.
- Ability to build relationships with team members that transcend a project.
- Proficiency in project management and accounting software (Intermediate).
- Proficiency in required JE Dunn construction technology (Advanced).
- Proficiency in scheduling software (Intermediate).
- Ability to apply Lean process and philosophy (Intermediate).
- Knowledge of specific trades and scopes of work (Advanced).
- Knowledge of self-perform and labor productivity (Advanced).
- Ability to manage budgets, maximize profitability and generate future work through building relationships (Advanced).
- Knowledge of organizational structure and available resources.
- Ability to understand document changes and impact to the project schedule.
- Knowledge of layout skill (Advanced).
- Knowledge of crane flagging and rigging (Advanced).
- Knowledge of productivity rates and cost management skills (Intermediate).
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or related field (Preferred).
- In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant experience will be considered.
- 12+ years construction experience.
- 10+ years field supervision experience.
- Experience leading Lean principles on projects (Preferred).
At JE Dunn, you’ll receive an abundance of resources dedicated to ensuring your success and future development
Whether it’s our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), company wellness program, or modern workspaces, we put the satisfaction of our employees at the forefront of everything we do.
Award-winning Benefits Package
Named one of Plan Sponsor Magazine’s 2015 Plan Sponsors of the Year, JE Dunn’s employee benefits package ranks among the top of our peer group, meeting and exceeding standard expectations.
Professional training opportunities
Our employee development team works full-time to create growth opportunities across the company. We encourage employees to take command of their own development, and we make sure they have what they need to take that next step.
Corporate and personal involvement in the communities in which we work is simply part of the job–JE Dunn as an organization is proud to donate over 10 percent of our pre-tax earnings to charities around the country each year.
JE Dunn Construction is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. JE Dunn Construction is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at email@example.com
JE Dunn Construction Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of JE Dunn Construction without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of JE Dunn Construction Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
- Manufacturing Technician Job at Cornerstone Building Brands – Las Vegas, NV
- Manufacturing Associate Job at Harvest, Inc. – Las Vegas, NV
- Seasonal Warehouse Team Member Jobs at Amazon – Ashland, VA
- Shopper Team Member Jobs at Amazon – Tempe, AZ
- Warehouse Team Member Jobs at Amazon – Moreland, GA
- Warehouse Team Member Job at Amazon – Shepherdsville, KT
- Delivery Station Liaison – Part Time (20-29 Hours) – DSC4 – Hanahan, SC
- Delivery Station Liaison – Part Time (20-29 Hours) – DBU1 – Tonawanda, NY
- Seasonal Warehouse Team Member Jobs at Amazon – Tonawanda, NY
- Warehouse Team Member Jobs at Amazon – Kenosha, WI
See More: 50+ Manufacturing Jobs in Las Vegas – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jedunn.com.