Department of Defense
Government jobs in Alaska, USA – Apply for Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC) Jobs at Department of Defense – Eielson AFB, AK . See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Click on “Learn more about this agency” button below for IMPORTANT additional information.
Positions may be filled as permanent or term with a full-time work schedule.
- ****Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to grade level****
- Utilize knowledge of IT principles, methods and security regulations and policies to carry out established base-wide policy to administer the INFOSEC (also known as COMPUSEC) program.
- Implement procedures to ensure protection of information transmitted to the installation, among organizations on the installation, and from the installation on the local or wide area networks, the world-wide-web, or other communications modes
- Administer the Communications Security (COMSEC) program. Control and protect all cryptographic material and administers the Cryptographic Access Program (CAP).
- Conduct semi-annual functional reviews of all COMSEC user accounts, inspecting COMSEC facilities, reviewing procedures, and auditing of all cryptographic holdings.
- Administer the COMPUSEC Program and protects Information Technology (IT) assets against unauthorized, accidental, or deliberate modification, disclosure, and destruction of data.
Conditions of Employment
- Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
- Total salary varies depending on location of position
- PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
- Recruitment incentives may be authorized
- Position may be subject to random drug testing
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- A security clearance may be required
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Individual Occupational Requirements for Information Technology (IT) Management Series, 2210 (Alternative A).
Undergraduate or Graduate Education: Degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks.
GS-09: Master’s degree or equivalent graduate degree or two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master’s degree or equivalent graduate degree
GS-11: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree
For grade levels 9 through 14, your resume must reflect information technology related experience in the federal service or private or public sector demonstrating the following four competencies: a) attention to Detail – Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail; b) customer Service – Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services; c) oral Communication – expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately AND d) problem Solving – Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
In additional to the basic requirements above, applicants for the GS-9 and above must meet the one year of specialized experience listed below:
For GS-9: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 that demonstrated knowledge of computer requirements and techniques in carrying out project assignments consisting of several related tasks, such as development of minor modifications to parts of a system on the basis of detailed specifications provided. The assignments must have shown completion of the following, or the equivalent: Analysis of the interrelationships of pertinent components of the system; planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment; and personal responsibility for at least a segment of the overall project.
For GS-11: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 that demonstrated accomplishment of computer project assignments that required a range of knowledge of computer requirements and techniques. For example, experience in developing modifications to parts of a system that required significant revisions in the logic or techniques used in the original development. Accomplishments, in addition to those noted for the GS-9, normally involve the following, or the equivalent: Knowledge of the customary approaches, techniques, and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer applications area or computer specialty area in an organization; planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment where this entailed coordination with others outside the organizational unit and development of project controls; and adaptation of guidelines or precedents to the needs of the assignment.
For GS-12: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level that demonstrated experience in planning, analyzing, acquisition, designing, developing, implementing, quality assurance, configuration, integrating, maintenance testing, operational integrity, and/or management of systems used.
For GS-13: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 that demonstrated experience in providing technical expertise on architecture, acquisition, certification and accreditation, systems tailoring for an organization mission; planning, organizing and managing the IT requirements and assessing long and short-term IT integration and migration capabilities; planning current and future system architecture requirements.
For GS-14: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 that demonstrated experience in serving as senior IT specialist and consultant to senior management in support of organization wide IT policy, budget and plans for systems development, acquisition, installation, operation and maintenance; planning, organizing, and overseeing the activities of the IT organization and reviewing policies, procedures, mission objectives and organization design for the staff; serving as the recognized authority in the analysis and direction of IT programs and issues; and in researching, interpreting, analyzing and applying operations and security guidance.
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
1. Knowledge of Information Technology principles, concepts, practices, systems software, database software, and immediate access storage technology to carry out activities.
2. Ability to assess and advise on a variety of sources and procedures and methods for systems and applications.
3. Knowledge of system requirements and techniques for planning current and future system architecture requirements.
4. Knowledge of commonly applied principles, concepts, and methodologies, operating characteristics and capabilities of systems, media, equipment, and related software systems, processes and procedures.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY: If position has a positive degree requirement or education forms the basis for qualifications, you MUST submit transcriptswith the application. Official transcripts are not required at the time of application; however, if position has a positive degree requirement, qualifying based on education alone or in combination with experience; transcripts must be verified prior to appointment. An accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must accredit education. Click here to check accreditation.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
For Direct Hire (DHA) Positions:
This is a Direct Hire Public Notice, under this recruitment procedure applications will be accepted for each location/ installation identified in this Public Notice and selections are made for vacancies as they occur. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated in the “Highly Qualified” or “Best Qualified” Category on the rating criteria for this vacancy. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Temporary and Term Appointments: If you are selected for a temporary or term position in the competitive service, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition. Additionally, if you are serving on a term appointment in the competitive service, you may be converted to a career or career-conditional appointment without further competition. NOTE: Current federal civilian employees may apply for this position and if selected, a break in service of at least 3 days may be required prior to appointment to this position.
Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application. The Vacancy ID is 11252603
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
Tax Law Impact for PCS: On 22-Dec-2017, Public Law 115-97 – the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017” suspended qualified moving expense deductions along with the exclusion for employer reimbursements and payments of moving expenses effective 01-Jan-2018 for tax years 2018 through 2025. The law made taxable certain reimbursements and other payments, including driving mileage, airfare and lodging expenses, en-route travel to the new duty station, and temporary storage of those items. The Federal Travel Regulation Bulletin (FTR) 18-05 issued by General Services Administration (GSA) has authorized agencies to use the Withholding Tax Allowance (WTA) and Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA) to pay for “substantially all” of the increased tax liability resulting from the “2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act” for certain eligible individuals. For additional information on WTA/RITA allowances and eligibilities please click here. Subsequently, FTR Bulletin 20-04 issued by GSA, provides further information regarding NDAA FY2020, Public Law 116-92, and the expansion of eligibility beyond “transferred” for WTA/RITA allowances. For additional information, please click here.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of “not qualified” or “insufficient information” and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
“Department of the Air Force has implemented COVID-19 vaccination requirements set forth in Executive Order 14043. Federal employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee’s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. Upon selection, you will be required to provide documentation proof as “fully vaccinated” prior to issuance of a firm job offer. Air Force will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request a legally required exemption from this requirement.” More information on COVID requirements may be found at: https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/.
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application for this Public Notice. Applicants who do not submit required documentation to determine eligibility and qualifications will be eliminated from consideration. Other documents may be required based on the eligibility/eligibilities you are claiming. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide and the required documents you must submit to substantiate the eligibilities you are claiming.
- Online Application – Questionnaire
- Resume – For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week (if part-time) and dates of employment (i.e., month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position. If you are a current Federal employee or previous Federal employee, provide your pay plan, series and grade, i.e. GS-0301-09. Current Federal Civilian Employees should list any relevant performance related rating (given within the last three years) and/or incentive awards in your resume. Do NOT include photographs (or links to social media such as LinkedIn), inappropriate material, inappropriate content, nor personal information such as age, gender, religion, social security number, etc., on your resume.
- Transcripts/Registration/License: If qualifying on education/position requires education, you must submit copies of your transcripts and if required for the position, submit an active, current registration/license.
- Veterans: If claiming 30% Disabled Veteran or Veteran’s Preference – Submit VOW certification memo or copy of the official DD-Form 214, which must include the character of service (i.e., with an honorable or general discharge). This will be annotated in block 24 on member copy 2, 4, or 7 of the DD-Form 214. If claiming 30% Disabled Veteran, you must also submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces. NOTE: All veterans claiming 10-point preference must also submit a SF-15.
ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE MEMBERS: The VOW Act requires federal agencies to treat an eligible active duty service member as a veteran, disabled veteran, and preference eligible (as applicable) when applying for civil service positions before the effective release or discharge date. Appointment of military members before the release or discharge date is permissible if the member is on terminal leave. At the time the active duty member applies for a civil position, he or she must submit a “certification” memo in lieu of a DD-Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty. Active duty members applying for a civil service position without submitting a valid certification memo or DD-Form 214 with their application will render the member ineligible for the position. The certification memo must originate from the member’s military service branch on official letterhead and contain the following:
- Name/Rank/Grade of Service Member
- Branch of Armed Forces
- Dates of Active Service (Start and End Date(s)
- Expected Date of Discharge/Release from Active Duty
- Terminal leave start date (if applicable)
- Expected character of service/discharge and type of separation (i.e. separation or retirement)
- Must be certified within 120 days of anticipated discharge
- Signature by, or by direction of the adjutant, personnel office, unit commander, or higher headquarters commander.
Note: The VOW Act provides tentative preference. If appointed, a DD Form-214 must be submitted upon receipt.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- SUPERVISORY FACILITY OPERATIONS SPECIALIST Jobs at Department of the Navy – Alameda, CA
- CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST Jobs at Department of the Navy – Alameda, CA
- PRODUCTION CONTROLLER Jobs at Department of the Navy – Alameda, CA
- SUPERVISORY INTERDISCIPLINARY (GENERAL ENGINEER/ARCHITECT) Jobs at Department of the Navy – Yuma, AZ
- SAFETY AND OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH SPECIALIST Jobs at Department of the Navy – Yuma, AZ
- INTERDISCIPLINARY ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER/PHYSICAL SCIENTIST/NATURAL RESOURCES SPECIALIST Jobs at Department of the Navy – Yuma, AZ
- INTERDISCIPLINARY ENGINEER/ARCHITECT Jobs at Department of the Navy – Yuma, AZ
- ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN Jobs at Department of the Navy – Yuma, AZ
- ELECTRICAL ENGINEER Jobs at Department of the Navy – Yuma, AZ
- CIVIL ENGINEER (STRUCTURAL) Jobs at Department of the Navy – Alameda, CA
See More: 1,000+ Government Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit secure.login.gov.