Office of Financial Management
Criminology jobs in Washington, USA – Apply for Investigator Jobs at Office of Financial Management – Olympia, WA (Remote). See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
About the role:
The Investigator position will be a member of the Office of Independent Investigations (OII) where you will be an integral member of a diverse investigation team that conducts complex high-profile investigations. This agency was developed in response to the demand for change from the community over citizen deaths resulting from encounters with law enforcement. In this role, you will investigate police use of deadly force incidents using a fair, thorough, transparent, and competent approach.
Some of your duties:
- Respond to the scene of incidents involving law enforcement and the use of deadly force which results in serious bodily injury or death.
- Subject to 24-hour availability, and may work non-standard hours, including long shifts, holidays, and weekends, as required.
- Under the supervision of the Senior Investigator or Regional Investigations Supervisor, organize and analyze case facts and evidence to determine the course of the investigation using appropriate investigative methods and procedures.
- Adhere to legal requirements and responsibilities when gathering and preserving evidence to be used to conduct a fair, thorough, and transparent investigation.
- With the Senior Investigator, conduct in-person interviews with involved law enforcement officers, witnesses, and others relevant to the investigation.
- Gather and digitally record statements of fact pertinent to the investigation, which may include interviews of an adversarial nature.
- Along with a family liaison or other senior member of OII staff, may be required to act as a liaison to affected family members and members of the community during critical incidents.
- Five years progressively responsible experience as an investigator with a criminal justice, government agency, private organization, or other directly allied field.
- Five years progressively responsible experience in a field where logical thinking, deductive reasoning, rule-following, and professionalism are essential. Sufficient education/experience to ensure an ability to write understandable, court-ready reports of your activities and actions.
- An understanding of criminal justice, criminology, and investigative work, and how that work fits within the criminal justice system.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field of criminal justice, law, or other applicable area.
- Knowledge of Washington practices, including applicable laws, policies, and procedures related to criminal law, criminal investigations, and policing. Significant knowledge of comparable practices outside of Washington can be substituted for this requirement.
- Knowledge of the rules of evidence/chain of custody necessary to protect the integrity of evidence that law enforcement gathers during an investigation.
- Knowledge of police oversight and importance of training to understand the impact and effect of racism in the investigation and knowing how to use an antiracist lens to conduct independent investigations work.
- See job posting for complete list of required experience for Option 3.
– Education in a field related to conducting investigations, to include, but not limited to law, criminal justice, psychology, sociology, criminology, or forensics.
– Knowledge, or ability to learn relevant legislation, regulations, and experience working in quasi-judicial and judicial environments.
– Forensic investigations or crime scene investigations experience.
– Experience using social media or other electronic means to conduct an investigation.
– Demonstrate experience or understanding of the following areas:
- Behavioral health issues
- Youth cognitive development
- Trauma-informed interviewing
- De-escalation techniques and utilization
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Minneapolis Criminology Tutor Jobs at Varsity Tutors, a Nerdy Company – Minneapolis, MN (On-site)
- Investigator V Jobs at Texas Health and Human Services – Austin, TX (On-site)
- Liver Cancer (HCC) Investigator Jobs at Merritt Hawkins – San Antonio, TX (On-site)
- Criminal Investigator I – Grand Junction. Jobs at State of Colorado – Grand Junction, CO
- Claims Investigator Jobs at Crawford & Company – Muncie, IN
- Criminal Investigator I – Lakewood Jobs at State of Colorado – Lakewood, CO
- Remote Criminology Tutor Jobs at Varsity Tutors, a Nerdy Company – United States (Remote)
- Chief Criminal Investigator. Jobs at State of Colorado – Denver, CO
- Criminal Justice/Criminology: Part-time Faculty – Spring 2022 Jobs at Georgia Gwinnett College – Lawrenceville, GA
- St. Louis Criminology Tutor Jobs at Varsity Tutors, a Nerdy Company – St Louis, MO
See More: 1,000+ Criminology Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.