Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in Illinois, United States. – Apply for IT Support Engineer II Amazon Jobs – University Park, IL. See the descriptions, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1620174
Job Title: IT Support Engineer II
About OpsTech IT
Operations is at the heart of Amazon’s business. We are known for our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. OpsTech IT provides nonstop global IT support to Amazon Operations as a vital piece to the puzzle. We are looking for self-motivated individuals to take on new challenges and motivate teams in fostering solutions to the hurdles we face. Together, we take ownership for what we do — whether supporting IT infrastructure, developing new technology in-house, launching a new Amazon Operations facility, or delighting our customers by delivering packages directly to them
About The Role
As an IT Support Engineer II, you will use your technical knowledge and specialized skills to support, build, implement, and improve technology solutions. You are able to manage large projects with minimal guidance that affect multiple locations in a region. You are able to resolve customer issues in time of crisis to get them working again. You are actively expanding your scope of knowledge by learning about software design patterns, data structures, AWS technologies and distributed systems concepts.
What Do We Offer?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1, matching 401(k) program, and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. But wait there’s more: we don’t wear suits and ties! Come as you are because jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and sometimes a neon safety vest will be your daily outfit.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
· Troubleshooting difficult IT problems without SOPs
· Planning and coordinating CMs and CM templates.
· Collaborating with internal teams or vendors to execute projects.
· Leading continuous improvement efforts.
· Auditing the quality of work performed and provide constructive feedback when necessary.
· Automating manual tasks; create/improve small tools that help make team operations more efficient.
· Serving as the first point of escalation.
· Participating in hiring, training and development of others.
· Moving up to 49 lbs as well as standing and walking during shifts lasting 12 hours.
· Traveling up to 25% of the time.
· High School or equivalent diploma
· 3+ years IT experience with client, server, and network service delivery
· 4+ years of hands on IT systems or relevant experience in a commercial production environment
· 4+ years of experience with networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP
· 4+ years of experience in each of the following: Microsoft Administration, Linux Administration, or Cisco IOS (CLI)
· 4+ years of experience troubleshooting skills in a multi-user high availability environment
· 4+ years of experience in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment, and liquidation
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or IT related field
· Industry relevant certifications such as: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Cisco/CCNA, Linux (Redhat), Microsoft hardware (installation), AWS
· Strong troubleshooting skills of very complex systems
· Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to manage high priority projects.
- Software Dev Engineer II Amazon Jobs – Austin, TX
- Software Dev Engineer I Amazon Jobs – Austin, TX
- AWS Intelligence Systems Development Engineer Amazon Jobs – Denver, CO
- Software Development Engineer Amazon Jobs – Dallas/Fort Worth Area, TX
- Senior Executive Producer, US Sports Production Amazon Jobs – Culver City, CA
- SDE, Alexa Experience Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Product Manager, AFE Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Senior Packaging Engineer Amazon Jobs – Florence, KY
- Front-End Engineer, AWS Security Hub Amazon Jobs – New York Area, NY
- Principal Executive Onboarding Partner Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.