Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in Massachusetts, United States. – Apply for Language Engineer II Amazon Jobs – Boston/Cambridge Area, MA . See the description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1675607
Job Title: Language Engineer II.
Want to transform the way people enjoy music, video, and radio? Come join the team that made Amazon Music, Spotify, Hulu, Netflix, Pandora, and more available to Alexa customers. We are innovating the way our customers interact with entertainment in the living room and in the car. We are at the epicenter of the future of entertainment.
Amazon is looking for a Language Engineer to join our Natural Language Processing (NLP) team. We are seeking a candidate with strong analytical skills and language technology experience to help us develop language components for a variety of Amazon products.
As a Language Engineer at Amazon, you will:
· Develop NLP components: write rules, build grammars/FSTs, create annotation systems or mappings for the target language
· Contribute to the design of new features by extending existing annotation schemas to cover new areas in the target language
· Use modeling tools to bootstrap and test new functionalities
· Analyze system performance and identify areas for improvement
You will be part of a team delivering features that are highly anticipated by media and well received by our customers.
· Master’s degree in Computational Linguistics (or equivalent field with computational emphasis)
· 2+ years experience in computational linguistics, language data processing, semantics or syntax
· Experience with language annotation and other forms of data markup
· Experience working with speech and text language data in multiple languages
· Experience with ontologies and other semantic meaning representation schemas
· Experience in Perl, Python or another scripting language
· PhD in relevant field
· Experience with database queries and data analysis processes (SQL, R, Matlab, etc.), and Unix
· Experience programming in Perl, Python, or another scripting language
· Expertise in building ontologies, taxonomies, and semantic relation frameworks
· Experience in writing grammars and building FSTs
· Experience with statistical language modeling
· Practical knowledge of version control and agile development
· Excellent communication, strong organizational skills and very detailed oriented
· Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
· Fluency in a major language other than English, such as German, Spanish, and Japanese
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Vendor Manager, Software Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Sr. Human Resource Assistant Amazon Jobs – Perris, CA
- Sr Human Resources Assistant Amazon Jobs – Somerset, NJ
- Senior Executive Recruiter – Corporate Operations Amazon Jobs – Nashville, TN
- Vendor Manager Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Amazon Fresh Store Associate Amazon Jobs – Cerritos, CA
- Content Editor – Styling Amazon Jobs – Santa Monica, California
- Jr. Content Editor – Styling Amazon Jobs – Santa Monica, California
- Front-End Engineer Amazon Jobs – San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- Product Manager -Technical Amazon Jobs – Irvine, CA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.