DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY
Government jobs in Maryland, USA – Apply for LEAD ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN Jobs at DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY – Aberdeen proving Ground, MD. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will NOT be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants should review the “How to Apply” section of this flyer for more information on how to be considered. This flyer will be used as positions become available. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer.
The C5ISR Center is soliciting candidates to serve as a Team Lead within the Quality Assurance & Test Branch, Program Integration & Engineering Division, Engineering and Systems Integration Directorate.
- Manages the technical and business development of the Future Systems Integration & Experimentation Team. Monitoring and reporting on execution, and providing advice on work methods, practices and procedures. Plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates assigned programs involving the integration, interoperability and testing/experimentation of Army, Joint, Coalition and C5ISR systems.
- Participates in customer communications, requirements determination, and project proposal/cost estimate creation for design and development projects.
- Directs and manages the resources and work of team members and maintains the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS). Keeps senior managers informed of all significant issues and external taskers. Provides authoritative information and advice within the area of assignment.
- Provides coordination and support with the PEO/PM Acquisition community, Army Test and Evaluation Command (ATEC) as well as other Army organizations and other Military services to ensure that the systems and equipment meet the needs of all the potential users. Is recognized as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) by the C5ISR Community and provides technical support whenever needed.
- Responsible for managing cost, technical, performance and schedule issues to ensure high quality products for the Army.
- Serves as team leader in assigning work to employees on the team based on priorities jointly established with the supervisor. Reviews the work of team members for technical quality and provides input to performance evaluations. Advises, counsels and instructs team members on technical work matters, provides on-the-job instruction and recommends training courses and other developmental opportunities to meet employee and organizational needs. Resolves minor, informal complaints, but refers more serious issues to the supervisor. Participates with supervisor in workload planning and budgeting, and provides input to personnel management decisions (e.g. promotions, reassignments, awards, etc.).
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
- Incumbent is required to submit a Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE-450, (5CFR Part 2634, Subpart I USOGE, 6/08).
- Executive Branch Personnel Confidential Financial Disclosure Report upon entering the position and annually, in accordance with DoD Directive 5500-7-R, Joint Ethics Regulation, dated 17-Nov-2011.
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes:
1. Plan, manage and coordinate laboratory and/or field testing and experimentation of C5ISR systems;
2. Collaborate with stakeholders to determine requirements; and
3. Manage and align resources of a technical team.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service DE-02 (GS-11 or above).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone–no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- This announcement uses the DoD STRL – Mission Support direct hire authority to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to certain positions in the competitive service.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- This position requires you to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 16 – Engineers & Scientists position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Due to COVID-19, the agency is currently in an expanded telework posture. If selected, you may be expected to temporarily telework, even if your home is located outside the local commuting area. Once employees are permitted to return to the office, you will be expected to report to the duty station listed on this announcement within a designated time frame identified by the organization. At that time, you may be eligible to request to continue to telework one or more days a pay period depending upon the terms of the agency’s telework policy.
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selectees for the purposes of implementing workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/.
- This is a Science and Technology Laboratory Personnel Demonstration Project position and incorporates the GS-12 step 01 through GS-13 step 10.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
As vacancies occur, the Human Resources Office will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this flyer. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume, along with your supporting documentation.
If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Veterans and Military Spouses will be considered along with all other candidates.
If selected, you may be required to provide additional supporting documentation.
Your complete application includes your resume and other documents which prove your qualifications and eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
2. Other supporting documents:
- Cover Letter, optional
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person’s personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Contract Price/Cost Analyst Jobs at DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY – Aberdeen proving Ground, MD
- Waiter NA-03 Jobs at DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY – AGENCY WIDE – Aberdeen proving Ground, MD
- Child and Youth Program Assistant CY-01/02 Jobs at DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY – AGENCY WIDE – Aberdeen proving Ground, MD
- County Program Technician Jobs at DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE – Abbeville, AL
- Physician ( Orthopedic- Hand Surgeon) (Part Time) Jobs at Department of Veterans Affairs – Syracuse, NY
- Food Service Worker Jobs at Department of the Air Force – Barksdale AFB, LA
- Interdisciplinary Jobs at Department of the Army – Rock Island, IL
- Staff Psychologist (PTSD) Jobs at Department of Veterans Affairs – Corpus Christi, TX
- ADMIN/TECH SPECIALIST Jobs at Department of the Navy – Newport, RI
- Registered Nurse- Primary Care Jobs at Department of Veterans Affairs – Freeport, IL
See More: 1,000+ Government Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit army.mil.